ibegyou

Banned
- Remove alt-frag,
- Nerf push to work like pull,
- Rework scoreboard (especially deaths),
- Make switching between weapons on a Wookiee slightly longer,
- The more you combo chain with blue/cyan the less damage it will deal,
- Increase delay between slaps on SBD and make slapping drain more battery,
- Slaps on a Jedi/Sith should get longer delay but knockdown from them should be a bit longer,
- Nerf sense to detect gunshots, running and explosions and at 3rd level it would work like 2nd level right now.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Drains need to be increased on everything but especialy for saber v saber interactions so terrible runners stop tanking hits forever and regenerating on the run with defense 3.
Lots of saber mechanics are changed/tweaked in beta. Defense 3 doesn't actually affect regen at all (BP nor FP) in public. It's strictly for swingblock drains while being shot.

Last edited:
Whole idea of the thread - nerf jedi/sith counter classes to complete jedi domination on battleground. This is another try to ruin balance, althrough nerf slapping is good idea for open beta cause sbd there is nearly op

Oh ok then, is the timing based on FPS or truly on miliseconds?
No game uses FPS to determine game logic, if they do, they are faulty.
What games use most (if not all) the time is delta time (time between last frame and new frame) as multiplier.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
No game uses FPS to determine game logic, if they do, they are faulty

While this is pretty true JKA is really old and even though we decoupled quite a few things from framerate when we increased the server fps from 20 to 40 I think there may be a few things that still are.

While this is pretty true JKA is really old and even though we decoupled quite a few things from framerate when we increased the server fps from 20 to 40 I think there may be a few things that still are.

Thanks mace, I know that some old games used FPS for timing and that modern port or using such games on newer system result in some funky things and I think (I'm speaking out of my ass for the rest of the sentence) that the performance of the machine may also affect internal timing to some minimal extent.

This is why I wanted to make sure that "ms" was actually microsecond rather than a simple shortcut to not delve in technicalities of the engine/code.

ibegyou

Banned
#before
NAMEᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠLIVESᅠᅠᅠᅠ SCORE/ROUNDSᅠᅠK/DᅠᅠPING

#after
PINGᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠNAMEᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠKILLS/SCOREᅠᅠᅠ ᅠROUNDS

Having rounds next to kills is still cancerous, you have -1 each round even if you only assist your allies. That would work just like deaths do now Hexodious I wouldn't recommend.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
- Remove alt-frag,
- Nerf push to work like pull,
- Rework scoreboard (especially deaths),
- Increase delay between slaps on SBD and make slapping drain more battery,
- Nerf sense to detect gunshots, running and explosions and at 3rd level it would work like 2nd level right now.
Not going to touch on the things left out from this list as I find them as things I haven't given much thought myself.

Removal of the alt-frag outright would make the game more dull. I love that we have a heap of use cases for weapons. Reworking the alt-frag to behave somewhat differently though? Hell yeah.

Nerf Push to work like Pull? Something I proposed in a development discussion thread a couple of months ago involved increasing Push 2's point cost and making it a single-target knockdown at the expense of making Push 3 more expensive to get. This would open up a new build subset for Jedi/Sith. Someone could still go for a more AOE CC focused build, but at the expense of giving up on some secondary and tertiary abilities. The general response to this was somewhat mixed in the discussion, so for now it's still on the drawing board. I'd love to revisit this after the next patch though.

Scoreboard rework? Yeah. This seemed to receive a mixed reception when I presented the idea. I would de-emphasize kills/deaths by making every kill and every death equal to 1 as opposed to 0.5 or 0.33 for multi-lifers. Many weren't on board. I'd want to come back to this.

SBD slap is definitely a powerful tool especially combined with Cortosis. I'd love to see some adjustments. A brief cooldown could be a fair adjustment. An old dev policy used to be that cooldowns were the devil. This is largely why slap's cooldown isn't a thing. An oversight resulting form old design approaches. I'd love to look at this.

Sense 3 to me is awesome as is. It's a heavy point investment and should reflect that. It's the power fantasy of being a true Jedi Master like Yoda, who has the gift of tremendous foresight. Sense 1 and 2 could be looked at most definitely. I kind of always disliked the fact that Sense 1 is only visible on the radar minimap. Sense 2 is somewhat okay, but a waste of points as is. The roles could be better defined.

Sense 3 to me is awesome as is. It's a heavy point investment and should reflect that. It's the power fantasy of being a true Jedi Master like Yoda, who has the gift of tremendous foresight. Sense 1 and 2 could be looked at most definitely. I kind of always disliked the fact that Sense 1 is only visible on the radar minimap. Sense 2 is somewhat okay, but a waste of points as is. The roles could be better defined.
I mostly use force 1 and it's fine but super finnicky, having to pan around to detect things on the minimap is fine but the issue comes with different elevation, sometimes you can see players above or below but you must be super close to them on the x,y plane and sometimes doesn't work for the lower floor. I'm not sure if it's meant as a slice in a cylinder as the minimap would suggest or as a slice in a sphere. Currently the sphere seems to be more probable and that makes it strange considering only the minimap shows enemies, but that's just my opinion.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I mostly use force 1 and it's fine but super finnicky, having to pan around to detect things on the minimap is fine but the issue comes with different elevation, sometimes you can see players above or below but you must be super close to them on the x,y plane and sometimes doesn't work for the lower floor. I'm not sure if it's meant as a slice in a cylinder as the minimap would suggest or as a slice in a sphere. Currently the sphere seems to be more probable and that makes it strange considering only the minimap shows enemies, but that's just my opinion.
It works based on area portals. A graphics related optimization. If something is being rendered by the GPU, then it can be seen by Force Sense. Wonky, but from what I understand, that's kinda the way it's got to be if we want to have crisp FPS.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I would like to see Deflect requiring more ability to use.

Level 1 is pretty balanced. In order to use it effectively you have to keep in mind it will not deflect precisely to where you point your crosshair so while taking fire and deflecting you must move your crosshair accordingly. That's decided by your abillity, we want that.

To nerf present deflect I suggest existing Deflect level 1 be made new level 3 and to give it a pretty small drain (no drain at all is simply unfair - as in existing one). Second level would have considerably higher drain and greater spread and new level 1 would mostly work only against salvos, have high drain and still require a lot of practice to use.

k4far

Banned
Donator
My thoughts on QT in BETA and in what form to keep it.

Explosion on surface is the issue people had with alt-frag as a whole that precisely lead to it's rework. Preserving what's hated in QT without changing it enough won't keep those voices down so simply make it explode on direct contact only and roll somewhere otherwise.

You can compensate for the risk and effort with higher damage or longer knockdown but it automatically stops being a gimmick.