Tips for a beginner

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
  • Don't trust /qui gon trolls
  • Don't play jedi/sith at the beginning, start with soldier/ET
  • Don't give up after being completely annihilated in the first 1000 hours of playing the game
  • Don't throw grenades or launch rockets at jedi/sith
  • Don't timewaste
  • Use /ignore <nick>
  • Communicate with other players
  • Pull your friends into the MBII sect
  • Like and subscribe
  • Don't listen to anyone who tells you not to do something, play this damn game in any damn way you like, but please try not to ruin other players' experience
That is all ;)
Also, a guide: My First Day in MBII

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Spectate topscoring players and try to make sense of their approach, maybe? It at least gives you a strong example of "what works" to try to mirror.

Spectate topscoring players and try to make sense of their approach, maybe? It at least gives you a strong example of "what works" to try to mirror.
I'm late to this dead thread but this.

Just take a look at top fraggers and try to watch how they deal with hard situations. Just try not to follow them around constantly, it gets annoying af.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
/qui decency 100 in console should help

I presume you made that modification because Helix warned him about "/qui gon trolls"?

@Gråtrunka To clarify: "/qui" autocompletes to "/quit" no matter what you type afterwards, closing the game. A similarly popular troll suggestion is "/disco", which autocompletes to "/disconnect". (I'm not sure if this is possible in all clients, but it obviously works in at least one of them or nobody would be trying to trick you.)

When in doubt about a 'command' like that, try pressing Tab instead of Enter to see what the game thinks you're going for.

I presume you made that modification because Helix warned him about "/qui gon trolls"?

@Gråtrunka To clarify: "/qui" autocompletes to "/quit" no matter what you type afterwards, closing the game. A similarly popular troll suggestion is "/disco", which autocompletes to "/disconnect". (I'm not sure if this is possible in all clients, but it obviously works in at least one of them or nobody would be trying to trick you.)

When in doubt about a 'command' like that, try pressing Tab instead of Enter to see what the game thinks you're going for.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGG