Tips and Tricks to defeat deflect 3?

Does anyone know any neat ways to defeat a jedi/sith with deflect 3 as any gunner without any special abilites remaining (mando out of fuel or bounty hunter out of poison darts) I have noticed that with the new block buff you really can't singlehandedly drain a deflect jedi before he/she manages to kill you with your own bullets so what do you do? melee doesn't seem like an option either because the moment you move in close they can just crouch saber you

Does anyone know any neat ways to defeat a jedi/sith with deflect 3 as any gunner without any special abilites remaining (mando out of fuel or bounty hunter out of poison darts) I have noticed that with the new block buff you really can't singlehandedly drain a deflect jedi before he/she manages to kill you with your own bullets so what do you do? melee doesn't seem like an option either because the moment you move in close they can just crouch saber you
Either use your team-mate, try to get an environmental kill somehow or melee and try to not get hit(jumpkick/crouch). There is no miracle solution currently.

As a bounty hunter it's quite doable, but you have to know what you are doing.

If you are up against an experienced opponent, pretend to retreat and bait them into attacking you. Then, it's up to how well you can use your class special melee ability. Knock em down and make sure they stay down till the end of the round.

If you can see that the jedi is a newbie, simply shoot in their general direction so that they keep trying to deflect, and while they are distracted doing that, land a flying kick right into their ugly face. And then, once again, make sure they don't get up, ever.

Now, as a Manda without fuel... Spray and pray, I suppose. There is nothing you can really do. Just stand your ground and don't let go of that walk/crouch button. If you get pushed - it's all over. EE-3 has very good FP drains so you might scare the jedi away. If you don't... well, hope that you can land that crucial flinch shot.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Get close. Bait a slash or a Push and open fire. Once you've landed a few shots on him mid-slash or mid-push, do not stop shooting. They will not be able to turtle anymore. They're dead if they fail to react.

Alternatively jumpkicks/legsweep/kick/kata if they do not get baited.

Mando out of fuel is you making a conscious choice of being wasteful. At this point it is okay for you to have the disadvantage in certain scenarios.

A very common theme I see with gunners is a lack of balls. Don't be afraid to play hyper-aggressive. You have the advantage when someone thinks it's a good idea to deflect rather than attack straight up.

Overall a general rule of thumb is to not shoot jedi/sith until they are close and/or running. The moment they start defending evaluate if you're close enough to them to actually deal solid FP damage.

Facehug the living shit out of them, their attacks all have wind-ups so you'll have ample time to strafe out of the way. Especially as a bountyhunter.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Does shooting near their feet still make reflections miss? I remember before if you shot low enough it wouldn't reflect accurately.

#1: Dancing D/A+Crouch while firing will work at Medium to Long range, at close range... You'll get pushed!

So you need to actually try to bait the push with the very same tactic by mixing D/A/S run/walk/crouch again, he'll eventually kill him self with the FP drain.

#2: Another way is simply just to not shoot and wait for him to fuck him self up into your flinch shield.

#3: Stay with a buddy! Blasters are so, so much stronger in group! He most likely wont be able to pasively deflect shots at you if you both shoot on him from his right and left angles.

#4: Grenade trick, one soldier nade him down, the other shoot him down, then you switch role.

#5: You can again stay pasive and wait for him to charge, if you're good enough you can try to melee him down, then shoot him.

Really deflect aint so good... I personally consider it half a suicide choice.

It's really, really weak agaisnt good gunners, and you kill your self with both the FP drain from both failed deflects and the shots that also keep sucking you up until the only option is to charge with 50fp, or less, or retreat and hide in a corner.

Heck... Even if you successfully Deflect the shots, unless you are doing Headshots, which are so fucking hard to do when gunners do #1: + with half the missed Deflection caused by it, you'll end up out of FP before you can even kill the opponents with the half sucessfully deflected shots.

Also chance are if he/she invested points into deflect, specially level 3, he'll be lacking some very good stuff into his build.

I personally never invest more then 1 level into it, for the precious price of others levels, you can get much, much more usefull stuff.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Really deflect aint so good... I personally consider it half a suicide choice.

It's really, really weak agaisnt good gunners, and you kill your self with both the FP drain from both failed deflects and the shots that also keep sucking you up until the only option is to charge with 50fp, or less, or retreat and hide in a corner.

Heck... Even if you successfully Deflect the shots, unless you are doing Headshots, which are so fucking hard to do when gunners do #1: + with half the missed Deflection caused by it, you'll end up out of FP before you can even kill the opponents with the half sucessfully deflected shots.

Also chance are if he/she invested points into deflect, specially level 3, he'll be lacking some very good stuff into his build.

I personally never invest more then 1 level into it, for the precious price of others levels, you can get much, much more usefull stuff.

Good Luck!

deflect is almost impossible to beat as anything that isn't hero/bh or mando/arc given that any player thats in any way good (better than average pubbies) is not going to play stupid with it. it is the best tool possible to use on SBDs (they move slow and cant dodge the reflected shots easily)

lucky for you most players arent good, at least not the ones in pubs like pande or TR, tho sometimes a gud player may jump in

btw by impossible to beat i mean for the most part unless you get real close, and real lucky, chances are you are going to stalemate, or he'll end up killing you when his buddies arrive about half an hour into you shooting at him becus the lack of fp drain is ridiculous

tldr if ur gonna fite a GOOD deflect user get help, get lucky, or get dead

deflect is almost impossible to beat as anything that isn't hero/bh or mando/arc given that any player thats in any way good (better than average pubbies) is not going to play stupid with it. it is the best tool possible to use on SBDs (they move slow and cant dodge the reflected shots easily)

lucky for you most players arent good, at least not the ones in pubs like pande or TR, tho sometimes a gud player may jump in

btw by impossible to beat i mean for the most part unless you get real close, and real lucky, chances are you are going to stalemate, or he'll end up killing you when his buddies arrive about half an hour into you shooting at him becus the lack of fp drain is ridiculous

tldr if ur gonna fite a GOOD deflect user get help, get lucky, or get dead

Yeah I do agree for the most part, it does quite a decent job agaisnt soldiers/commanders, but beside that... I personally wont bother use it.

In my experience I also think its pretty bad agaisnt Clones ( If they can use Blobs. relatively well ) And depending on their build too.

SBDs, well again, a good player simply wont keep shooting at you if you Deflect the shots in his face. He'll be waiting for you to get close range, slap or use Flinch Shield.

Thats why I only use Deflect1! Because pass the first 1 or 2 shots deflected, opponent wont generally keep shooting at you, then once the close range is achieved, it's just beter to sword the opponent then waste all FP by toying with him... Especially if there's others targets nearby.

Now tho... If you're some kind of aim god and can easily deflect headshots on the dancing Michael Jackson's players, hell yeah.

michael-jackson-moonwalk-long-reads-R5kdsyoaauHbW

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
As a BH main who despises deflect jedi more than anyone, here's my advice:
Run.
Just walk away or ignore them because there is absolutely no way to kill them unless you got poison or a lucky flying kick, but tbh that risk > reward

Yeah I do agree for the most part, it does quite a decent job agaisnt soldiers/commanders, but beside that... I personally wont bother use it.

In my experience I also think its pretty bad agaisnt Clones ( If they can use Blobs. relatively well ) And depending on their build too.

SBDs, well again, a good player simply wont keep shooting at you if you Deflect the shots in his face. He'll be waiting for you to get close range, slap or use Flinch Shield.

Thats why I only use Deflect1! Because pass the first 1 or 2 shots deflected, opponent wont generally keep shooting at you, then once the close range is achieved, it's just beter to sword the opponent then waste all FP by toying with him... Especially if there's others targets nearby.

Now tho... If you're some kind of aim god and can easily deflect headshots on the dancing Michael Jackson's players, hell yeah.

michael-jackson-moonwalk-long-reads-R5kdsyoaauHbW

ye its garbo against clones tho even if the sbd waits for the jedi to get close, the jedi can just crouch and hold lmb and then feign attacks to bait gunfire up close, and if u crouch slap is useless for the sbd.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
knockdown is your friend. thats why ive been running with p2 and 2 frag commanders lately.

Depends, playing ET/Officer/Hero, Dodge (Right now there is no reason to not carry dodge as its broken beyond all recognition), with a T-21 3, and you will gun them down right quick. Anything else, mix up your movement. If they are close, try to bait out a push by releasing Shift every once and awhile, or jumping if your ballsy. Eventually they will try to push and you will deal enough damage that they will either try to close in or back off, if they back off keep shooting while moving strangely, making it harder for them to hit, if they try to close in for a kill then don't miss and hope that flinch works.

If you play BH you can try to get them in close and gunkick them down, if you miss your kinda screwed, but if they are using anything slower than yellow you should have plenty of time to kick them down before they deal damage.

Shoot the feet, unless you're low on ammo. Otherwise look slightly away to pretend you're not focusing on them and bait them in to where they want to push or slash you. Once they get in close open fire and use the lame flinch mechanic to your advantage while it still exists.

I didn't know deflect Jedi were an actual problem for people lol

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Dancing D/A+Crouch while firing will work at Medium to Long range, at close range... You'll get pushed!
Don't shoot a blocking jedi at long range, the FP drains are practically nonexistent.

My own anti-Deflect strategy with E-11 is to get fairly close (5 ft away) and just fire constant primary shots while dodging around and trying to bait a push. It is tedious, though, blocking drains being as low as they are. Just gotta keep pecking. Primary fire is MUCH MUCH more ammo-efficient for draining FP, and probably faster, too.

I get frustrated with newbies who:
1. Fire at a deflect jedi at long range. Or any jedi at long range, really.
2. Fire at a jedi for a while, and then STOP. If you're going to shoot at a jedi, it's a commitment. You have to keep the pressure up until they're dead. Do not let them fall back and regenerate. And know that once they're below 20 fp, they can no longer push you, so you're free to run and chase them. And know that if you hit them while they're running it takes a huge chunk off their FP.

Of course, if you just want a 1-stop anti-deflect tool, use blobs (rebs) or flamethrower (mando).

Flamethrower tips: It's practically "hitscan." As soon as you press the button, it hits all-at-once in the entire cone. There is no travel time on the flames. It's just a big scan cone. So always keep your crosshair on the target, don't lead. And only use it when the target is about 3 to... 9 ft away... (idk, mess with the effective range yourself.) If a jedi is camping in deflect, roast him. If he runs out of flamethrower range, hit him with blaster while he's running, to eat his FP. If he runs at you, jetpack away or switch to melee, duck under his swing, and kick him. (then crouch in case he instagetups, grab him if he does a slow kick getup, or uh jetpack away if he does a quick getup.)

Note that that second option doesn't work if they're dumb/smart and overhead you instead of wide-swinging.

If you're in a group, there's a clear group anti-deflect strategy: Everyone spam the target, and only the guy who the deflector aims at needs to bother trying to dodge, and he can dance around freely because if he gets pushed over, the rest of the group can punish the jedi for pushing.

Last edited: