There's a Steam group for pick up games.

Mark your interest in PUGs, by region:

• Interested in hosting an EU game server

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope recordings of any matches played will be made available.

Trust me, these kind of matches are mostly boring to watch since one team mostly camps one room and prefires until one team gets an entry frag or just rushes after 1-4 mins. It is much more fun to actually play them.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Hey everyone who's voted interest in America PUGs, @Anakin @BigBossBigTeef @Sylar @Tallfire @ParticleMan @Goliath-A.I. @N.O.R.A. Online @Noob

If you all have Steam, could you all start just idling in the PUG Steam Group's chatroom whenever you're down to play?

(edit: Again, the group's here. Also the direct link for the chatroom is: steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434749115 )

If we all made that place our hub, it would make it really easy to spontaneously organize games between whoever's available. We still need to sort out game/voice servers, but first I just want to see some reliable interest, and getting everyone to actually use the chatroom seems like a good start.

If nobody suddenly shows up offering to host stuff in America, I'll probably just rent a cheap VPS in Beauharnois, Canada for the summer and set up stuff on that. Don't see a reason why that wouldn't work, except that the ping would be particularly bad for anyone who's in Central or South America. Like... Sylar. That server would be from OVH.com, and the main advantage is that it's super cheap and, as far as I can tell, easily strong enough to support hosting a game server and a voice server. Haven't found anywhere else that good for that price in a better location.

Last edited:
Hey everyone who's voted interest in America PUGs, @Anakin @BigBossBigTeef @Sylar @Tallfire @ParticleMan @Goliath-A.I. @N.O.R.A. Online @Noob

If you all have Steam, could you all start just idling in the PUG Steam Group's chatroom whenever you're down to play?

If we all made that place our hub, it would make it really easy to spontaneously organize games between whoever's available. We still need to sort out game/voice servers, but first I just want to see some reliable interest, and getting everyone to actually use the chatroom seems like a good start.

If nobody suddenly shows up offering to host stuff in America, I'll probably just rent a cheap VPS in Beauharnois, Canada for the summer and set up stuff on that. Don't see a reason why that wouldn't work, except that the ping would be particularly bad for anyone who's in Central or South America. Like... Sylar. That server would be from OVH.com, and the main advantage is that it's super cheap and, as far as I can tell, easily strong enough to support hosting a game server and a voice server. Haven't found anywhere else that good for that price in a better location.
Sure. Where do I find it?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah, I linked the group in the original post, and the chat room's there.

I'd link directly to the chat, but the forum doesn't seem to understand my intent there, so the link doesn't work.

Here's the link, though. You can copy and paste it, or make a bookmark with it, or something.

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434749115

Trust me, these kind of matches are mostly boring to watch since one team mostly camps one room and prefires until one team gets an entry frag or just rushes after 1-4 mins. It is much more fun to actually play them.

I guess it isn't all that exciting to watch 30+ minutes of it unedited. A couple hours of it edited more into highlights would be pretty good I think.