•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher "There is new version of launcher..."

So yeah. I was about to play MBII as every time, launching it through it's launcher. Suddenly this pops up :

93be5d2d7e.jpg

I redownloaded whole mod, but that didn't help. I even tried to just go with "YES", but as I do that this pops up :
0eea158f85.jpg

It just says that the access was denied.

I click continue and some window pops up saying : "Please wait, the new launcher is being prepared" or something like that. It lasts forever and nothing is happening...

Any help with this issue? I am quite confused.

yeah i know the same thing happend to me, theres a *launcher* around the forums that *works* which to me seems more like either ignoring the patch or its already patched i have no idea *shrugs*

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
If you have problems with updating launcher, download it manually here:
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe

If that won't help, or you will experience some other crashes, copy text that appears after you click "Podrobnosti" here.
I have also redownloaded the whole launcher, yes, the whole 3GB file. Didn't work either, same result.
You didn't download Launcher, you downloaded the whole Movie Battles. This is not the same, you didn't have to redownload mb2.

Last edited:

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Just move MBIILauncher to GameData folder, it won't have problem with updating and access.

ProTip: Update your OS.

If you have problems with updating launcher, download it manually here:
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe

If that won't help, or you will experience some other crashes, copy text that appears after you click "Podrobnosti" here.

I didn't download Launcher, you downloaded the whole Movie Battles. This is not the same, you didn't have to redownload mb2.
I'll try this.Thanks.
Just move MBIILauncher to GameData folder, it won't have problem with updating and access.

ProTip: Update your OS.
Tried moving it to GameData, but there was still the same outcome for some reason...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Well, now i can play, but i need to dowload the torrent or only the launcher?
You need to download Movie Battles, if you don't have it installed already. You can do it using Launcher, torrent, or moddb link.
Also you need to install Jedi Academy.
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

But if you can play, I guess you don't have to download anything more.

btw Launcher itself isn't required to play, though it's extremely useful in order to detect and repair broken installations.

You need to download Movie Battles, if you don't have it installed already. You can do it using Launcher, torrent, or moddb link.
Also you need to install Jedi Academy.
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

But if you can play, I guess you don't have to download anything more.

btw Launcher itself isn't required to play, though it's extremely useful in order to detect and repair broken installations.
Okey, thanks!