The TK system and accidentally pushing a grenade

Nothing is more fun than getting banned after getting in a force push battle to prevent a thermal detonator from killing my team. Of course it counted me as killing three people so insta-banned. Ignoring the already outrageous updated TK system, they should create some leniency on force pushing grenades. I don't know if they can make it less tk points depending on the trajectory of the grenade, but it's unfair to punish someone for trying to push a grenade away from their team. Why is the friendly person throwing the grenade in the first place not punished? Or possibly giving the sith who pushed it credit for the kills instead?

This is coming from someone who is definitely for preventing intentional Team Killing when applicable, but accidents even beyond this one shouldn't get people banned or nearly banned.

Of course the TK system currently is problematic, but the root of the problem is the overtrolling and its normalization. !punish is so common, while its purpose was to ban. Not to justify some exteriorizing of frustration which it is now. Servers having their TK point so high for some years, and the trolls heaven accepting all sort of behaviours.

Lead to this.

TK system could be tuned further but tbh whether to push a grenade or not and how to push it is a matter of skill, and that skill can be honed.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
This is actually a missing case that I will add in to be treated more leniently.

TK system could be tuned further but tbh whether to push a grenade or not and how to push it is a matter of skill, and that skill can be honed.

Skill does play a role yes but you can't always preddict what your teammate will do or weird push/bounce on wall trajectories. Being !p because you try to save your team from a grenade should not be possible.

However I can see how tuning this too forgiving could be used by troll as another way to teamkill with almost no tk point.

The problem currently is literally just the insanely aggressive TK system, that sometimes puts you on the brink of being banned for 1 TK, let alone 3.

I think a large part of the issue is points, or so I suspect - currently, if you TK someone ONCE, it absolutely DESTROYS your points, I'm talking wiping ~10 rounds (iirc) worth of points from you. That puts your points into negative amounts, and once ur negative, you get WAAAY more TK points for everything, which essentially makes you unable to play the game properly.