The teamkill and damage thread

Alright, I have several gripes with the team damage system and team killing.
Mostly from how random it can be with points, sometimes I get punished for 200, sometimes 100.
No im not complaining about bad players, I am complaining about the system we use when we punish for team kills.

There was an incident where I accidentally killed a jedi when I got pushed from behind and I was still shooting while sliding across the floor.
I have a habit of crouch shooting, but I managed to kill the jedi while I was sliding across the floor and somehow got the sith kill as well.

I got punished for 400 points, and I was recording the demo at the time and my points shot up to 700 tk points from 1 team kill.
I had like 216 before from a few grenade damages but this was the 1st tk of the map and I got punished for 400 points.

I managed to get 700 points within my first 5 minutes of the map.
At that point I just started going solo and avoided my team all together because I didn't want to get temp banned.
I accidentally saved over the demo with the next map so I can't produce the recording.

But this severely confused me, I asked AOD deku who is apart of the clan that owns the server and asked him if you can get punished with 400 points.
He said no, but he also didn't know either.
There was a time I played where I got team killed on deathstar from force lighting and it was a spawn kill, and how I only punished for 66 points.
He wasted one of my 3 lives and I only punished for 66 points.

So I started thinking, does the team damage scale to classes?
Well there was another occurrence yesterday where I somehow killed a clone with a concussion grenade and got the same amount of points I normally get when I kill a jedi.

So what does it do to dictate how much each punishment calculates?
Because it just seems random to me.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Most of my tks are accidental. Honest. To be clear, they're the other guys fault.:)
----------------------------------------

Change the min. defaults or lock the presets.

On *certain* servers all it takes is one person to punish you once, just once and you're in the yellow for the next 7 rounds.
Actually even more since even some occasional stray fire from your gun lightly damaging you're teammates maintains and even increases those tk points.

Some douche-bag piece of trash who can't even act as cannon fodder can ruin my gameplay for half an hour? Longer? Like I have that much time?
Once I get those tk points my kill ratio goes from 4:1 to 2:1. Well maybe 5:1 to 2:1.:)

One person shouldn't be able to ruin another's game for that long for one incident.
I especially hate how the server will kill you if you accrue enough tk points. Which is all too easy even without tking someone for several rounds. Minor dmg to teammates builts up until its, even kick someone for 3 hp dmg, you're dead.

It's ridiculous.

First, the server shouldn't be able to kill you unless you actually kill.
At this point I don't even want tk points unless I actually kill someone.
Or have a get out of jail free card where you think a !p was unjustly branded:) Everyone gets 1 free get out of jail free card that undoes one tk! For every 20 to 30 mins!

But really, bad server settings combined with !P happy bad players are my biggest gripe in mb.
Basically carrying the team and the 'effing player with a score of 1/28 !Ps me. And that happens all the time.

I feel discriminated against. It's not right!!

-----------------------

Here's an example. The round some punk !Punished me.

mewH6Hl.jpg

And because of that !P my killing potential and thus my survivability were halved!

a7ESDUt.jpg

So yeah 7 rounds of being forced to alter my gameplay nerfed me.
At 10 deaths I should be around 80 or the high 70s.

1 fucking TK!

edit;

Which reminds me, I especially despise it when someone !Ps me and then quits soon after.
Forced to bear a punishment from a player thats no longer even there!

If the guy who !Ps you leaves, you should have your tk points from him removed!
Or if someone !ps and disconnects within a certain time frame, those tk points Exit with his Disconnect.

For Justice!

Last edited:
Has anyone ever thought of a system that if someone has tk points, that if they assist or get enemy kills that they start losing tk points for actual teamwork?

Because I have had almost every instance of tking possible. I've tked people accidentally because someone walks into a fire nade I pushed back and then been punished because "lol insta punish." Also rocketing teammates happens a lot for me and it doesn't even matter if I've killed 6 other people that round.

That 'sounds' nice, but people would find ways to abuse it. I personally like that idea, too. TKing someone with a rocket whilist getting some enemy kills on purpose, ehhh... I'd personally forgive and go LOL but some others wouldn't. Then again, you can abuse the normal TK system aswell by just punishing madly without any consideration.

I'd like to see an !appeal option. Would require an admin, but the admin can review your case and remove the punished TK points ( or a portion ) if deemed innocent or something like that. Admins would obv not be allowed to do this to themselves.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Often times I thank people for not being a dick and forgiving on accidental kills. I mean, damn, I already feel bad about it and as I'm typing an apology I see Punished in the top left... delete that apology and call them out.

The only real problem it has is auto punishers. If it could maybe only let Punish give out points depending on health actually taken on death? So that 2 hp pistol in the foot only costs 4 points on the punish, or something.

From what I noticed, new players don't notice the prompt in the upperleft. And if the person doesn't forgive it auto punishes.
Could we not make it a auto punish and be a auto forgive just for now?
Like this will help somewhat until the tk system is looked at.

Has anyone ever thought of a system that if someone has tk points, that if they assist or get enemy kills that they start losing tk points for actual teamwork?

Because I have had almost every instance of tking possible. I've tked people accidentally because someone walks into a fire nade I pushed back and then been punished because "lol insta punish." Also rocketing teammates happens a lot for me and it doesn't even matter if I've killed 6 other people that round.

Killing 6 people before doesn't mean you don't have to care about others.

It doesn't auto-punish. It gives half the points of punish.
IMO it shouldn't give you half the points. F1 should be changed to forgive, F2 for Punish. Remove cancel.

If the TKed player doesn't punish then the TKer gets nothing. It's more forgiving but if there's a clear TKer he'll still get punished.

Is there any particular reason why you can't punish/forgive someone who has already died?

Example: Teammate throws grenade killing you and himself. If you punish or forgive it doesn't register. You can't do anything until the following round starts. If you forget to retype !F or !P it just acts like you pressed f3 instead (half points).

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
IMO it shouldn't give you half the points. F1 should be changed to forgive, F2 for Punish. Remove cancel.

If the TKed player doesn't punish then the TKer gets nothing. It's more forgiving but if there's a clear TKer he'll still get punished.
I do kind of like the half points option. I use it for people who I know made an accident but are not playing smartly.