Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Idk

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he gave a pretty solid stand and stated his opinions in an extremely civil matter,
I'm not talking about this thread poster individually, I'm talking about the collection of people that been involved with stuff like unironically wanting to 'gas stassin' and similar

What are you tolkien about? Haters gonna say half of these players play lugormod or kotf
9ca7a-clip-25kb.jpg

Honestly the biggest reason why this game has gone down the toilet is because the developers actually were naive enough to listen to star wars fans. star wars fans are idiots. let me repeat myself, for those that do not want to here the solid truth. star wars fans are idiots.
Well, this is a Star Wars mod and Star Wars fans are playing it.

everyone i have gotten to try the game (im talking a huge guild like 100 or so people over a couple months time)

have all quit within a month.. with one complaint.. the community.. so many people just throw.. time waste.. dont actually play but sit taking up slots on a team.. ect ect..

people say this game pushes new players away because its hard.. but thats not true.. they are pushed away because of how straight up fucking lame the community is

Last edited:
To be fair, this thread is from 2018. 3 years later and I haven't noticed a difference in server sizes.

Yeah, the community is toxic and the people who tk, timewaste, or spam chat need to be removed, but I don't think that behavior will ultimately affect how long MB2 has until no one plays it.

its definitely a community problem the reason the game could be dying, with how elitist some (not all) players can be towards new players, can really push people out and make the game insufferable sometimes. ive been playing on and off casually for 3/4 years now, i used to play every single day in like 2017/18 time with my friend, and theres definitely a distaste towards new / casual players for a already small community, and thats certainly what pushed me and a few of my friends away from mbii a year or so, thats just me though.

Last edited:
Back when some of us were teenagers we had plenty of free time to screw around and be dicks to each other. But adults don't have the time and interest combined for that. Even I have relatively a lot of free time for a working man but I'd still prefer to spend my free time in a pleasant company and not looking at shitposters, elitists, racists and trolls waste my time with their low-tier sense of humor.

The ability to ignore people in an online game only take you somewhere when the people you need to ignore are in the minority. And a teamplay focused game makes that even more apparent.

couldn't agree more

I'd still prefer to spend my free time in a pleasant company and not looking at shitposters, elitists, racists and trolls waste my time with their low-tier sense of humor.

The ability to ignore people in an online game only take you somewhere when the people you need to ignore are in the minority. And a teamplay focused game makes that even more apparent.

To be fair, this thread is from 2018. 3 years later and I haven't noticed a difference in server sizes.

Yeah, the community is toxic and the people who tk, timewaste, or spam chat need to be removed, but I don't think that behavior will ultimately affect how long MB2 has until no one plays it.

not true, two years ago i could find at least 2-4 active servers.. these days its just death star with 8 people... the same 8 people, circle jerking... the last of the trolls.. the only ones playing...

It's an old game. Not a lot of newblood will be willing to play it for more than a few weeks, if that, at this stage. Not with so much newer eye-candy.

So it's mostly going to be people that played years before, and some, for years. Play the same game a decade and see if you don't start screwing around as the community shrinks. It's a natural process.

People play to have fun. No one is obligated to play how you want. In larger or newer games, it's not much of a problem, you can always find some that actually wish to play and easily ignore the jerk-offs jerking off.

Here, you're limited.
Deal with it.
Either quit or ignore it.

Whining about it solves nothing. It is not a solution. And if 100 people that aren't toxic can't play, find or create a server without being abused? Sorry, something sounds off about that. A 100 carebears couldn't just play with each other? 8 people bullied you? Lmfao.

The numbers are clearly off.

Whining about it solves nothing.
There have been more quitters than whiners, which is exactly why the game feels desolate. The remaining people who actually tell you the reason why it's happening is also a signal to change something that can be changed, because they clearly care about the game. They can go the other route though and just silently quit the game as well, but then you'd wonder if there's any problem at all with the game since there's a limited circlejerk group still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.