Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Idk

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After i left MB2 about a year ago realizing that this game was quickly falling off the deep end and not wanting to witness its downfall, i decided to check up on the mod one last time for old times sake. I have been playing this game since i was a kid and i am 20 years old now, do the math. So before you shout me down and cover your ears and claim that the mod is not dying i would humbully like to ask you to wake up and smell the coffee. this mod has been losing its player base with each and every "update". small tweaks to the game that do nothing to fix whats broken only rearrange, alienate and push away your player base. ever since the update where they changed the original DOTF map getting rid of the cat walk, completely changing the ONLY map that people actually want to play in the game and instead ruining it for absolutely no reason. the developers are leaking their own narsisistic perfectionlism tendencies into the mod and wondering why the fans are leaving. No game is going to be perfect, it can only be improved. doing endless nerfs, buffs, and "balances" to your game will not fix it. you will never have an equal playing feild in a video game and honeslty if we did, it would be absolutely boring. classes need to have perks to them and in the right hands they just might be "op" as some might say. but you know what, that is what video games are about. games like MB2 are about taking a class, finding its strong points and perfecting it untill you become a killing machine. The noobs ruined the game. Noobs and crybabies that have no interest in the game anyway were dictating the developers decisions. ask yourself, you did everything they wanted, and look how empty the servers are. it is pretty much a ghost town. the noobs come and go, but once you lose your main player base it is over. The main player base does not want to lose skills they have built over a decade only to make it useless in the next update. What is the point of getting good at the game anymore? if you are good some noob will run to the forums and throw a temper tantrum on how another player is better than him at the game. it is a joke.

This game started out nearly perfect and through systematic updates you have managed to turn a great game into a boring, lack luster, uneventful, messy, PC, ghost town filled with nothing more than the lowest common denominator player base. There will always be good players, there will always be really good players, there will always be bad players, there will always be really bad players no update, no fix, no tweak, no patch will ever ever ever be able to change that. it is a simple fact of video games. I lost interest. What this game to me is like a used up whore desperately trying to fix itselfs while at the same time running towards her pimp named dequarious that continuously beats her untill she is blue and red in the face. It makes zero sense. Honestly the biggest reason why this game has gone down the toilet is because the developers actually were naive enough to listen to star wars fans. star wars fans are idiots. let me repeat myself, for those that do not want to here the solid truth. star wars fans are idiots.

Now on top of that. let me adress the final reason why this mod is dying and is not considered fun anymore by your main player base. the reason why it is no longer an acceptable mode of entertainment is because star wars is DEAD. it has been dead since disney destroyed it. i am sure the developers have a chart somewhere to compare the exponential decline of the mod since the release of the force awakens. If i were the developers i would start promoting your game as a non-star wars game. it would be much more beneficial for the mod in the long run. the star wars wave had a good run, but now the lore, the movies, the brand have been raped by rich jews in hollywood and there is nothing you can do about it. it is time to move on, suck it up and try to pick up the pieces. it is only a matter of time before the game dies completely i am just attempting to give my honest advice. but this game is no longer sustainable in its current state. its time to throw the whole concept away and start from scratch or simply go back to its roots.

the star wars wave had a good run, but now the lore, the movies, the brand have been raped by rich jews in hollywood and there is nothing you can doabout it

/thread

Edit: In all seriousness, if you want an ounce of credibility when discussing the declining player base and how to tackle it, it's probably not a good idea to go off on an incoherent tangent.

Last edited:
/thread

Edit: In all seriousness, if you want an ounce of credibility when discussing the declining player base and how to tackle it, it's probably not a good idea to go off on an incoherent tangent.

Recourse with all do respect my tangent was not incoherent. it was simply me speaking my mind. this is why the community has been shattered. any and all valid criticism that depict an uncensored honest and open truth about the game gets shouted down instead of being used as a tool for open discourse. This is exactly the kind of response i was expecting from this community. The community has no interest in saving itself at this point. Everything i have said is indeed nothing more than criticism. whether or not you find it in you to be competent enough to realize that is up to you. I am simply addressing the rather spacious elephant in the room.

A lot of feelings related to nostalgia in this post, but what are the changes suggested by "Star Wars fans" ( as if that wasn't the starting demographic to begin with.. ) that truly hurt the mod in your view ? You can't expect the mod to never receive updates to its meta-game either - otherwise it gets stale as hell.
I'm not dismissing what you said by the way, I just really would like to know what changes you feel worsened the mod in your opinion - aside from the classic DOTF that everyone used to constantly bitch about, it being played 24/7 on every server, etc.
It seems like nobody can remember how that used to also be a meme that was constantly repeated over and over again ( despite DOTF servers being the most populated ones ) until Mace decided to finally bring a new version in which he visibly poured a lot of work... guess what happened ?

Not directly aimed at OP: Honestly, vultures screaming "MB2's dying" over and over again lately do more actual harm than anything else phrasing it like that - even though your intentions can be genuine and benevolent - once you start ingraining the idea into the community over and over again until it sticks, it eventually becomes somewhat a reality.
Thankfully, these forums have a limited influence over the constantly rejuvenating general playerbase of a game that's 15 years old, by the way - that's maybe one tiny little factor to account for. As sad as that might be, we probably won't be playing this in 15 years any more. If that does happen I'll be very glad, but that'd be nothing short of a small miracle.
The fact that we even get ~100 concurrent players on busy hours is quite a formidable feat and a testament to how good the mod still is.. but then again, it's more gratifying to say the mod's dying.

Last edited:
If more people knew about the game I'm sure they'd want to at least try it.

Truth is, not many people are willing to spend $10 on a game from 2003 to play Star Wars like the rest of us, especially with where the brand is heading right now.

can these posts just be banned from now on.

I don't know why "noobs" keep coming on here to tell us why the game is dying and how the old version of the mod was "better." Do you not know how "awful" this mod was well over 10 years ago? There was the infinite ammo bug, infinite spawn bug, people crashing servers 24/7. We got an update maybe, once every year(?)

That's not to say that the previous team were "awful" but objectively, over time release schedules have gotten much better - as has the quality. I haven't seen anywhere near the same level of problems.

Tl;dr: this mod has had the same population for like 10 years, it was "dead" then, it still is. Just because you played 1-4 years ago and saw like 200 people doesn't mean it was anymore alive. Stop making these dumb posts.

Weren't you that awkward kid that made those cringe rage videos cause you didn't understand mechanics xd? I remember you lookin like the kid that tried to go super Saiyan on camera lmao.

The real reason for the decline of MBII is that most of the older playerbase is, well old. Most have started families and moved on to newer games. The secondary reason is that dueling has died off due to major changes that mostly destroyed what was fun about dueling and those changes have made it a tedious arcade turn-based system with no momentum.

And why? So the community will just shut up and never give opinions or any feedback? Yeah that's great.
I don't know why "noobs" keep coming on here
I'm sorry what? You're name is "GuNmAn121" and you have 25 posts on the forum. Ouch.
That's not to say that the previous team were "awful" but objectively, over time release schedules have gotten much better - as has the quality. I haven't seen anywhere near the same level of problems.
There's a difference between bugs, glitches, and people exploiting a really old game, and then there's just the mechanics and gameplay being so stale/complicated and boring that nobody wants to play it anymore, and goes on the forums to express how much they genuinely hate it, for which you like to call.... "Noobs"
Tl;dr: this mod has had the same population for like 10 years, it was "dead" then, it still is. Just because you played 1-4 years ago and saw like 200 people doesn't mean it was anymore alive. Stop making these dumb posts.
tl;dr stop making posts, stop posting feedback, stop showing the developers how they can improve, and please stop being N0oBS!

Oh my goodness, this statement hurts me in my bones.
The second the developers try to rid the community and banish any sort of feedback or posts trying to express how the game is failing, is the second I will stop visiting this forum, and the game. Ever. The second this happens is when it turns into basically a dictatorship where the developers silence any opposition and rule the game like kings with the supposed "1000 unique players a month" for the rest of eternity. How fun.

The answer to making any game better, is really just making it more simple, but more fun.
The amount of complexity of this game is insane, and I lost the patience for it long ago, and the only times I ever felt I was going good, and had a feel for it, another patch would come out, deleting any hard work or mechanics I managed to put into my brain, and now I would have to sit for the next week to try and embrace the new version, which most of the time sucked, and would hate the game even more, till I broke.

I really think the reason Jedi Acadamey was just so succesful in terms of mods and its own multiplayer, was because it was simple. It didn't require a genius who sat on the computer playing it for 8 hours just to be able to grasp 20 different invisible mechanics. It was a game you pick up, play, and as you turned off the computer, you realized the fun you had.

A lot of people talk about adding new mechanics, putting more guns in the game, and changing stats and damage types. I think this will lead the game down a much worse path. Because the more you add, the more complex it is, it makes it less fun. No one likes a game where there's so many mechanics its impossible to count them all in.

TL:DR just make it simple, please. The more you add, it will be just too much. And in reality, it already is.

And why? So the community will just shut up and never give opinions or any feedback? Yeah that's great.
tl;dr stop making posts, stop posting feedback, stop showing the developers how they can improve, and please stop being N0oBS!
Oh my goodness, this statement hurts me in my bones.
The second the developers try to rid the community and banish any sort of feedback or posts trying to express how the game is failing, is the second I will stop visiting this forum, and the game. Ever. The second this happens is when it turns into basically a dictatorship where the developers silence any opposition and rule the game like kings with the supposed "1000 unique players a month" for the rest of eternity. How fun.
A̶u̶t̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ Artistic screeching isn't feedback.

Respected duelists that I know personally message developers with concerns and issues that they find with the game/patch with different pieces of media to support their case or whatever it is they're talking about. Meanwhile, people who be making threads with unsubstantiated claims and acting hysterical are suprised that no one wants to take them seriously.

You're delusional if you think the forums will become some heavily moderated dictatorship. A more controlled forums might have been a possibility when Viserys and Spaghetti were still around but they're not anymore. Other forums punish people for stupid and ridiculous things like necroposting, not having the appropriate tags in a post, going in off topic disscusions on threads as well as locking threads as soon as something is 'resolved.

All previous hot topics like server modifications were allowed to develop until no one was interested in saying anything more or the discussion was just so malformed that nothing positive could possibly be gained. No one was shut down or silenced. So don't overexagarate the situation.

A̶u̶t̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ Artistic screeching isn't feedback.
What? In where in this post did OP screech? I say he gave a pretty solid stand and stated his opinions in an extremely civil matter, but one of the first things that happens is someone reveling about how these "posts need to be banned reeeeeeeeeeee"

Status
Not open for further replies.