The Next Big Step for MBII

Hello! You may remember me as "the troll" or "get fucked, kid"

However I'm just a normal person that likes the duel mode on this video game. Anyways, I have a suggestion thats open to feedback. This idea will revolutionize MBII in a way every single other game has done, excluding certain franchises.

Make the game bearable for new players.

This community is still the most toxic community I've seen throughout my days of playing any video game ever. This community may one day be great if measures are taken to reduce toxicity. This includes:
  • Better TK prevention system
  • Better class balance
  • Tutorial mode for beginners
  • Consistent gameplay
You can thank me later.

I don't understand what are you trying to say -- Movie Battles is closed-source, its source code cannot be downloaded in the same way that its binaries can be, and that makes MBII incompatible with any GPL software, including OpenJK (with an exception of JAMP API, of course).

Because this is pointless.

How can be MBII based on older version of openjk and not be GPL'd?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

MBII is based on the SDK not OpenJK. The MBII client that is based off of OpenJK (an older build) is completely separate and we have an open github page for that.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Because this is pointless.

MBII isn't based on OpenJK at all, it's based on JAMP SDK by Raven software from 2003, and it's covered by its proprietary EULA.
Movie Battles existed for years before OpenJK were even released; MBII started in 2003, OpenJK is from 2013 (or whenever JA source code were opened).

MBII isn't based on OpenJK at all, it's based on JAMP SDK by Raven software from 2003, and it's covered by its proprietary EULA.
Movie Battles existed for years before OpenJK were even released; MBII started in 2003, OpenJK is from 2013 (or whenever JA source code were opened).

upload_2018-5-21_0-1-9.png

But the game client says it's OpenJK v1.0.1.0.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
But the game client says it's OpenJK v1.0.1.0.
It's CLIENT, not game dlls. CLIENTS (=engines) and MODS are different things!
MBII Client is based on OpenJK, and it's GPLed as well, indeed; you can find it's source code here: MBII/OpenJK .
But there is only source code of the engine there, not actual game -- as I said, Movie Battles is proprietary. Sources of dlls from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\MBII.pk3" (cgamex86.dll, jampgamex86.dll, uix86.dll) cannot be found anywhere on Internet.

You can launch MBII either with MBII Client or with old-fashioned jamp.exe, compiled by Raven Software.

The next big step for mbii?

What a lame thread. No spice, no dice, it's like the op's kid's hair is full of lice. It's in his brain!! Somebody grab the bleach!

The next big step for MB2?

To convert.
To convert the mod from Star Wars...to Star Trek.

Jedi turn into Klingons. Blasters turn into phasers. Sbds turn into Borg! Dekas turn into....really fat aliens!

Star Trek: Movie Battles 4!