The Lunarbase Revamp

Discussion in 'Developer Diaries' started by MaceMadunusus, Jan 29, 2018.

1. minus©

minus©

I think I just have to install the game again.

2. Rosh+

Rosh+ Internal Beta Team US Official Server Admin

10/10 looks nice hope there are less invisible walls this time unlike much hated dotfv2

3. Dra-Gon

Dra-Gon

Dunno how this will feel gameplay-wise, but I really like what you did there, mace. I especially like the generator - that's some really cool looking generator. You also captured really well the imperial feel. I felt like really looking at episode 4 death star or the jedi outcast imperial bases. I think the consoles give you this feel the most.

Are there going to be some visual effects to live things up? E.g. a squadron of 3 tie figthers flying over tunnel once in a while, lightning/energy field over the "cables" that are behind glass, etc.?
    And what about imperial stormtroopers killing poor rebel soldier once map ends? :D

4. MaceMadunusus

MaceMadunusus Level Designer Movie Battles II Team

Shadriss did the generator, I just textured it. But yeah it turned out pretty well.

The tie fighter that flies over in the current map is still there. I probably won't add anymore unless I figure out one if the issues I am having with DOTF (I made some droid starfighters fly over in that as well but they weren't cooperating). No energy for the cables though.

The end round cinematics are still there, but they need to be adjusted in position a little bit. Still a bit a ways from release so there is time to do that still.

President Bossk likes this.
  5. President Bossk

President Bossk

This looks really good, but I have to say, I don't really like new DOTF a lot. I did at first, but after the cool new visuals wore off, it was just..... meh. I feel like I loved the old obj so much more. It was fun playing as rebs and barging in and shooting down some imperials. New obj is just boring. Could you bring back the door with the panel that needs destroyed to open it?

6. MaceMadunusus

The panel and door will not be returning. I will be making other adjustments though. Including to the objective area.

7. [tR]Motoko

[tR]Motoko

IF YOU CHANGE THIS MAP THE ONLY BALANCED MAP WILL BE CLOUD CITY

8. MaceMadunusus

THE SKY IS FALLING.

Also I made cloud city.

9. Gumba

Gumba EU Official Server Admin

I hope you're joking

10. President Bossk

President Bossk

Door and panel or I riot.

11. MaceMadunusus

Then riot. It isn't returning.

12. President Bossk

President Bossk

Can you at least add back in old one? New one has been out for a while.

verq likes this.
  13. MaceMadunusus

I said in my post in your thread minimum 4 months. And that is 4 months after a change to dotfv2. It has only been 1.5 months since then and will reset with the next major patch since I have changes for hangar and throne room coming.

14. President Bossk

President Bossk

2.5 MONTHS AND MY BABY'S COMING HOME.

15. Lessen

Lessen Childpuncher Movie Battles II Team

Speaking of 2.5, it's been about 2.5 weeks since this thread was posted, and the thread claimed the map would be out in the "next few weeks."

I think of "few" as capping out at around 3 or maybe 4 at the most, after that you're getting into "couple" territory. Any updated estimate on when we can play this rad-as-fuck map? Will it be pushed back a bit and bundled with the new Dxun map (just announced at "new few weeks" range) in some larger patch with other stuff like balance changes and bug fixes? Or patched in in a smaller patch?

*prod prod prod prod prod*

i hunger (to explore a new map/layout)

16. MaceMadunusus

For me anyway. Couple = 2. Few = 3-5, Several = 5-10, etc. Of course you can use several, many, etc in different ways. This is just how I use it. But I am pretty sure few always > couple.

Dxun, Launcher, Lunar, some other unannounced things that will have their own news posts, and more will all likely be in the same patch.

Other things that should be included (linking cause I am not going to type it all): Star Forge Bug Fixes | MaceMadunusus on Patreon Duel of the Fates updates | MaceMadunusus on Patreon

Lessen likes this.
  17. Lessen

Thanks for the reply :D That view of "couple" vs "few" certainly makes sense. I feel like it's sort of a shame that everything will be bundled together. I mean, it'll have big impact all being released at once, but it also means the more-done stuff gets pushed back until the less-done stuff is done. But I'm sure the dev team's thought through the options and picked Big Explosive Patches over Small Frequent Patches deliberately. I'm definitely looking forward to it :D :D

18. MaceMadunusus

This next patch is delayed a bit due to the leadership transition, holidays, new release schedule prep, the fact that we blew our load with most of our "finished" stuff leading up to the movie release, and wanting to time new release with new launcher to avoid problems of current launcher.

I am also timing how i do all of my work with that release schedule. Lunar isn't 100% finished yet but its like 99% finished and I have a few things left to do but because those are less crucial tasks and release is still a bit away I am focusing on the other things (like dotf above) that needed its changes to get tested plenty before hand.

foggy and Lessen like this.
  19. Lessen

@MaceMadunusus Heck, thanks again for all the communicativeness. we do not deserve this dev team

but mb2 deserves this dev team

20. ᅠᅠᅠᅠk4

ᅠᅠᅠᅠk4

New Lunarbase:
    - There is a spot on that allows you to get out of the map if you go aide (with duals again),
    - Bomber is super ugly, go with Hexodious idea or maybe a new model,
    - Main hallway leading to Generator is till a clusterfuck favoring gunners too much,
    - Windows are cancer with lot of people (but make the round last 10 seconds longer when last guy on enemy team blasts the window and dies, so suicide attacks are more relible).