CLAN The Initium Novum

bannersaber.png

Introduction:

Hi, I'm PuNk, an active EU player and current voted leader of The Initium Novum clan. It's been a while since I first considered opening our official thread, but I hesitated because I thought there would be many discouraging and rude comments. Took me long enough so here I'm gonna say a bit more about the clan and what it can offer to any potential new members. Walls of texts incoming btw.

The Initium Novum is now a 7 month old clan that recruits decent people and active MB2 players from both EU and NA and enjoys the game in a friendly enviroment. When it started out TIN consisted of 8 people most relatively new to the game, not known to the community as much and without any exposure. Fast forward 7 months later TIN now has over 50 members, 4 running servers, a website, a youtube channel and of course a discord server.

Structure:

TIN has two set of ranks both available to all players to focus on and advance. We have many ranks, at first TIN was just like many other new clans starting out with more ranks than members but now we actually have the numbers for it. As you can see from some rank names, we have a Roman military theme. Because why not Romans in space?

SZbKJho.png

Rank - Abbreviation - Description
Trainee - TRN - Initiate rank for new members.
Student - STDNT - Basic learner rank.
Educated - EDU - Proven to be educated within the core mechanics of the game.
Apprentice - APTCE - Proven to utilise the core mechanics somewhat efficiently.
Knight - KNGHT - Completed training and trials. May take apprentices of their own.
Evocatus - EVCT - Experienced teacher and player. Highest attainable duelist rank.

k7pGGLL.png

Recruit - RCRT - Initiate gunner rank for new members.
Soldier - SLD - Awarded to those who have fully participated in at least 2 Open Mode events.
Legionnaire - LGNR - Awarded to those who have fully participated in at least 6 Open Mode events.
Vet. Legionnaire - LGNV - Awarded to those who have fully participated in at least 10 Open Mode events.
Prefect - PRFCT - Awarded to those who have passed an organised 3v3 trial.
Centurion - CTRN - Awarded after leading a victorious premade team in a weekly Open event or clan vs clan battle.

XwykUWM.png

Praetorian - PRTRN - Voted on by the council. Must also posses Evocatus rank.
Tribune - TRBN - Voted on by the council. Must also posses Centurion rank.
Legate - LEGAT - Head of clan's Open mode regiment.
Architect - ARCHT - Founder of the clan.
Magistrate - MGSTR - Voted leader of the clan.

Note: Regular members may still be voted into the council regardless of rank if the ENTIRE Council agrees to have them, at which point they may append /C to their rank. (e.g. TIN|KNGHT/C)

LhKk7Pu.png

Instructor - INST - Head of training. Must be at least a Knight to qualify. Is allowed to vote on council.
Enforcer - EFC - Head of administrative work. Is allowed to vote on council.
Artifex - /FX - Head of art and design for the clan.

Allies
Some players that are not in TIN but that are very close to our members, play with us regularly and support us are often voted for to become Clan ally.
Clan allies have access to our private server and are also allowed to sign up to some of our events, usually Weekly Open mode or some fun events mentioned below.

What TIN can offer:

1) A large and active playerbase
- Over 50 members, out of which at least 30-35 play on a weekly basis. Happens very rarely over the course of the day that there are not at least some TIN members in-game.

2) Four hosted servers to play on
- Three public ones (Duel, Open, NA) that are decently populated at most times and one private (HQ) where we do all our events, trainings and meetings.
We usually don't do RP, but sometimes we like doing what I'd call LIGHT RP by gathering council members in a council room on a private map we use, or larger senate meeting on mb2_duel_senate to discuss important stuff.

3) Events
- Weekly Open mode clan events. Best thing we have come up with and something many TIN members look forward to at the end of every week.
2 people volunteer to act as a captain of their team and once a list of everyone who signed up is made they pick their teammates in turns. We've been doing this since mid January and not one Sunday has passed that we missed out on this event or that we couldn't get enough players. Usually it's 7v7 or 8v8, but a few times we gathered up to 20 people for it.

- Clan Wars. Since it's start TIN had 3 clan wars. First against GSE in December, second against ad.ppl in March and 3rd against dK in April. If there are more clans out there that can gather people for some Open mode action with us feel free to ask me or any of the councilors.

- We do monthly dueling competitions. A Knight tournament (where winner is granted a promotion to the highest dueling rank), a Bellator tournament (where Council members fight to determine it's best duelist and person that will have additional vote) and Victorem tournament (clan wide tourney to determine the best duelist of the whole clan).

- Recently we showed some love for Full Authentic mode as well. We even went as far as creating our own FA scenario on Snoke's Throne Room map where the clan's founder @Remalus and I spent hours figuring out how to handle classes, settings and limitations of this mode to fit the scene from the movie. I believe Remalus sent this as example of his work when he was applying for FA team.
We had six people playing as Praetorian guards and two people playing as Kylo Ren and Rey. Praetorians had saber defence 1 so that combined with the fact that players playing Kylo Ren and Rey were a bit more skilled it ended up being surprisingly balanced.

- Many more smaller fun events such as starship battles, king of the hill, hide and seek (yep, I've said it), Jedi vs Sith, Free For All, etc.

And now, some fun facts or perhaps myths about BIN, oops TIN clan...

TIN is laming clan?

- Contrary to popular belief, TIN is NOT a laming clan. I blame few unstable individuals for any laming sprees in or out of TIN servers. I won't say any names... but it was @Kryst . TIN is also more than willing to compensate the victims. To help us pay these poor souls out - donate on our patreon link.

War reparations!

- As some of you may know, there's been this beef between popular Culish clan and TIN clan over.... something. They have raided us, tortured our members, wrecked us in duels and made it so that we can't play anywhere but our own servers. Or so they say. For these inhuman actions TIN demands war reparations to be paid! For all damaged property, discouraged members quitting and impacted mental well being of TIN leadership, Council has agreed that a total amount to be paid is 243 $, all out of @Eazy E 's pocket with an apology note and performed live cover of the infamous Culish clan song. We expect all of this regulated by the end of this month or there will be consequences.

Members

- TIN has many members, skilled, unskilled..... mostly unskilled, but we're fortunate enough to be the home of few legendary players such as Best Wookie EU @Puskie and of course a legendary duelist @DONNI D . they say he can MBC every single yawed Cyancer half swing thrown at him. @noel can confirm.
- Having a large clan unfortunately also means having few degenerates in it as well. They formed their own little group withing TIN and call themselves the Meme Squad. Posting some sick jokes and memes about clan members without their consent. I am quite positive some of those are illegal as well, posting them here would probably break several forum rules. So as a response to that we formed the Police Squad to shut them down. How that battle went you'll be able to see on our YT channel soon.

Iron

- Speaking of groups within the clan, this group of retards is a worthy mention on it's own. It was started by our dear beloved Storm who's not with us anymore when he got bored of our tags and started the IRON propaganda. Several monkeys from the clan followed him and started trolling around as IRON as well. No matter what though it was never a stand alone clan, we shut that shit down on time.
If you have perhaps ever encountered few maniacs wearing these IRON tags know they have long been dealt with, their rebelious leader has left the clan and the meme has been destroyed. Legend says few TIN members still keep IRON icons below their beds and take them out at night to worship them before falling asleep. Somehow I feel we haven't seen the last of them, but that story will have a conclusion another time...

Links:

Youtube channel: The Initium Novum

To apply, visit our website posted above ^^
I won't post a link to our discord server publicly as we're careful who we invite and let stay there. Ask me in private message if you're interested and I'll see to it.
Feel free to roast us / support us below! We welcome judgement and totally won't ban you on sight if you talk crap about us. ^^
On a more serious note, TIN is a clan devoted on bringing together a group of people around something they love doing. Join us and train in a friendly environment filled with people ready to help you in becoming better and enjoying the game even more.

Last edited:
There is also the superstition of the TIN which to this day prevails and keeps people in error, being a forerunner of the Magistrate. They are descended from Michau, [who] was born to Remalus of Punk, and for this reason they are called both Punkoid and Remalites. They are also called BINS, which is derived from Trash can, or destitute of Garbage, because of what Punk said to the Devs: ‘EazyE hath sent me away destitute.’ [99] These used to be Runners and lamers shit tiers and spammers, whom in their own language they called Bellator, which means great. [100] And so down to the time of J| they were very great shit tiers.

From that time to the present a false god-tier named Donni D has appeared in their midst. This man, after having chanced upon the Old fags and God tiers and likewise, it seems, having conversed with an Noel of Y4, [101] devised his own heresy. Then, having insinuated himself into the good graces of the MB2 duelists by a show of seeming MBC, he gave out that a skill had been sent down to him as legendary. He had set down some swings in this Countering of his and he gave it to them as an object of veneration.

There is also the superstition of the TIN which to this day prevails and keeps people in error, being a forerunner of the Magistrate. They are descended from Michau, [who] was born to Remalus of Punk, and for this reason they are called both Punkoid and Remalites. They are also called BINS, which is derived from Trash can, or destitute of Garbage, because of what Punk said to the Devs: ‘EazyE hath sent me away destitute.’ [99] These used to be Runners and lamers shit tiers and spammers, whom in their own language they called Bellator, which means great. [100] And so down to the time of J| they were very great shit tiers.

From that time to the present a false god-tier named Donni D has appeared in their midst. This man, after having chanced upon the Old fags and God tiers and likewise, it seems, having conversed with an Noel of Y4, [101] devised his own heresy. Then, having insinuated himself into the good graces of the MB2 duelists by a show of seeming MBC, he gave out that a skill had been sent down to him as legendary. He had set down some swings in this Countering of his and he gave it to them as an object of veneration.
Bellator means warrior
EazyE is a shadowswinger
Donni D is the messiah
he will lead us to the promised land
hail donni

There are many other extraordinary and quite ridiculous things in this skill which he boasts was sent down to him from God-tiers.
But when we ask: ‘And who is there to testify that the God-tiers gave him this skill? And which of the Top-tiers foretold that such a Legend would rise up?’—they are at a loss. And we remark that Exodus received Ragnos by Fisher, with the God-tiers appearing in the sight of all the MB2 duelists in duel_dotf, and laming, and Specc, and RQ'ing. And we say that all the God-tiers from Fisher on down foretold the coming of Exodus and how Exodus Ragnos (and incarnate Son of Ragnos) was to come and to be specc all else, and how He was to be the judge of the shit tiers and top tiers. Then, when we say: ‘How is it that this god tier of yours did not come in the same way, with others bearing witness to him? And how is it that Ragnos did not in your presence present this man with the skill to which you refer, even as He gave RGNS to Exodus, with the MB2 duelists looking on and the duel_dotf resetting, so that you, too, might have certainty?’—they answer that Donni D does as He pleases. ‘This,’ we say, ‘Cannot be true, but we are asking how the skill came down to your Legend.’ Then they reply that the Skill came down to him while he was Mblocking. Then we jokingly say to them that, as long as he received the skill in his Mblocking and did not actually sense the Pblock then the popular adage applies to him (which runs: Your style wont work in 1.5.) [106]

Cute
Totally an honest and friendly clan that does not lie to developers to create drama!
Remalus_and_TIN.jpg

Remalus_and_TIN_2.jpg

Remalus_and_TIN_3.jpg
Fair enough you a Rem dont get along but that has nothing to do with this clan. Not saying Rem was in the right at all however it wasnt a lie. Nightshades did have the source code of mb2 lol.

Cool buncha guys - I avoid drama, so I have no idea wtf this beef between CULT or TIN is, but both are solid clans with some great guys, so it's a shame to see any squabbling.

Also, I keep getting reminded by TIN players left and right to send a message to @PuNk or @Remalus to get clan ally status so I can join in events.