The absolute state of MB2

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I think that this is pretty widely known, but lack of player count is not all just because of the current state of sabering, or some stupid hidden numbers. The game in general is just not at all new-player-friendly. Here's the perspective from one of my close friends who is really trying to get into the game due to my enthusiasm for it:

There are usually around two-three open servers with actual players at any time. So new players have to make a decision right away. Do I join the match with 20+ players and hope that some there are new enough that I'll be able to get kills and have fun, or do I join the match with 5 players and try to learn from them? This itself prevents more challenges.

If I join the 20+ player game ([TR] Deathstar) I get killed by everyone because that's where every experienced player goes to get their fix of the Open gamemode. There's so much chatter that I can't actually squeeze in my cries for help, so I'm stuck wandering around, getting saber'd, getting my arms ripped off by wookies, and getting TK'd. If this is not the case the only other option for this server is that 85-90% of all the players are playing as sith/jedi. Now I'm stuck in a team-duel server, with no saber experience at all.

So I join the 5 player server. I play soldier and go to play the objective, get some kills and have fun. I get sniped. Okay not a problem, I'll do better next round.....
Aaaaaand they've been fist fighting for 3 minutes, and I've been watching them/sitting on my phone when I could have launched any other game by now.

Obviously that's not everyone, but that's likely a majority. If they're not turned off of the game by that, they're turned off of it because there's no incentive to play gunners at all, and they suck at playing jedi/sith and they lose every duel they get in.

Maybe a tutorial would help, but I doubt it. No tutorial can match real player skill. And if you blast them with info in a short amount of time, they will not retain most of it.

All this being said, I have no suggestions on how to fix it. I'm no game dev, and I'm not very active anymore. This is just my two-cents.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
All we want is something which is at least bug free, i.e 1.4.9 or 1.5 dueling.

Nothing is technically bug free, even those builds. However, reverting back to a more recent build should technically be possible relatively easily. That is up to the people working on it though, and we have a lot of things to do. Any time spent reverting, takes time away from getting the patch out faster. However, reverting to something like 1.3 which is something a lot of people ask for isn't really in the realm of possibility because too many things have happened to make that anywhere close to easy to do.

Maybe a tutorial would help, but I doubt it. No tutorial can match real player skill. And if you blast them with info in a short amount of time, they will not retain most of it.

Tutorials are setup in such a way that we do intentionally slow segments of it down, to let things seep in a bit. We want to add cool cutscenes later that look nice, but also give a break in the information. You can also take the later tutorials at your own pace. You don't need to do all of them at once to start playing. I am also trying to add little things like this, that give the player more details when they hover over it (note: not using currently accurate values, still need a programmer to set something up for that. Also video is outdated by a few weeks).

The tutorials on launcher are such a great idea, however, good luck in make this happen, i remember talking about this with stassin, who told me to ask LoU for it which i did and never got answer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

shea conn

Account Suspended
I'm trying. But I can only get me DeLorean up to 87mph.

meme_kid.jpg

Nothing is technically bug free, even those builds. However, reverting back to a more recent build should technically be possible relatively easily. That is up to the people working on it though, and we have a lot of things to do. Any time spent reverting, takes time away from getting the patch out faster. However, reverting to something like 1.3 which is something a lot of people ask for isn't really in the realm of possibility because too many things have happened to make that anywhere close to easy to do.

Tutorials are setup in such a way that we do intentionally slow segments of it down, to let things seep in a bit. We want to add cool cutscenes later that look nice, but also give a break in the information. You can also take the later tutorials at your own pace. You don't need to do all of them at once to start playing. I am also trying to add little things like this, that give the player more details when they hover over it (note: not using currently accurate values, still need a programmer to set something up for that. Also video is outdated by a few weeks).
Could we make a vote to revert to 1.4.9 or 1.5?
Who's responsibility is sabering atm? Stassin and Tempest don't seem to be particularly active

Who could put in place the revert?

There are two types of players in mb.

The lifers who will probably die playing this mod on and off.

Then the fireflies, they spark briefly and flame out.

Once I figure out how to kill this 100% disk usage on this shitty windows 10 that should be Hillary Clinton'd....I'll haunt the servers once more.

Think phantom of the opera but a rapist.

There are two types of players in mb.

The lifers who will probably die playing this mod on and off.

Then the fireflies, they spark briefly and flame out.

Once I figure out how to kill this 100% disk usage on this shitty windows 10 that should be Hillary Clinton'd....I'll haunt the servers once more.

Think phantom of the opera but a rapist.
laptop?

To me it only can get old if the same three maps get played over and over.
People playing on servers with cheat protection off is also a huge turn-off for me (although I do not know the specifics of JA's (MBII's?) cheat protection).
Constant bad behavior like intentional FF, blocking pathes, interrupting a friendly hacking/use or even TKs are annoying nuisances, too.
But apparently one has got to learn to live with them, that at least goes for the somewhat hard learning curve and getting out of lives and forced into spec fast while becoming acquainted with the game.

I guess many hope for good teamwork, still we often rush or see others rush out/in on their own.
Oh, and I like when good use of all the lovely voice snippets and taunts is being made.
There is always something we can do to make playing MBII even more enjoyable.

It is really great to hear some of the class-change bugs are ironed out. <3

Last edited:

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
you need to pump something worthwhile out before the finale movie or we're all fucked

This scene has been pretty much playing in my head on loop last few weeks with regards to getting Scarif 2 done in time and the impending movie release, the pressure is real @_@

Fang

Donator
if you need help then i can only think of two reasons
1) the nice one being you simply need more able coders and what not
2) theres some good ol' conflict between developers as to what goes on

even though i can do coding i dont think i could join knowing some of the inter drama ive heard past

the communities watching regardless, let's see what you can do!