Partial fix Take That-ing default characters

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
As most of you have noticed this minor issue is all over the place since the new ways of adding playermodel packs into the game.

Let's say there is person A) who is using Peneke Pack (or any addon packs) and chooses a custom model that person B) doesn't have since he/she did not download the Peneke Pack. So whatever custom model person A) chooses, will appear as a default model (of the certain class) for person B). Which is fine.

However the sound files do not get align with this and they all "Take That" which is kind of annoying especially when it's Jan Ors doing this in a male voice - as for Hero class. It applies to all classes eventually, Jedi Trainer for Jedi, Shadowtrooper for Sith, Stormtrooper and Rebel Trooper for Soldier classes etc.

So I'm intending to call attention to this phenomenon and I'd like to ask, is there a way to fix this issue?

Last edited:

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
I can't speak on if there's a way to fix it or if it's intentional, but I kinda like it the way it is. It's convenient to be able to tell when someone is using a pack versus just using that default model for itself.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It was designed that way intentionally, though I personally disagree with the choice. You shouldn't be forced to install a custom model pack just to prevent getting generic sounds that do not fit the default model. It's kind of telling that most people I've seen mention this do so in the context of viewing it as a bug.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
It was designed that way intentionally, though I personally disagree with the choice. You shouldn't be forced to install a custom model pack just to prevent getting generic sounds that do not fit the default model. It's kind of telling that most people I've seen mention this do so in the context of viewing it as a bug.

I see, so it's intentional.
Well yeah, that's why I think it shouldn't be like this. Not like it was a big deal just you know, gets in the way sometimes.
At least Jan's generic male sound could be changed to generic female if that's possible.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I see, so it's intentional.
Well yeah, that's why I think it shouldn't be like this. Not like it was a big deal just you know, gets in the way sometimes.
At least Jan's generic male sound could be changed to generic female if that's possible.
default is default, there arent gender specific

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
default is default, there arent gender specific

Sure. I was considering how modeldata.cfg works. When you leave the sound folder path empty, but you still leave an "f" below instead of an "m", you'll get generic female sound. In coding it might work differently, I don't know.

Anyway, we could still change the default model for Hero, from Jan to Merc Kyle for example.

I love the way you named the file lmao, you goddamm beautiful disaster 🥰😂

Hello, you can use this little mod.
This simply does replace the "Take that!" sound by an empty one. Instead of hearing it then you'll have nothing. I hope this will help!

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Not the kind of solution I was looking for but yeah, it’s something.
The issue doesn’t go away completely - due to generic sounds still being present minus taunting - but makes it far less annoying.

Anyway appreciating your effort. Also applause to the funny filename. xD