Sword's for Elite troopers/Commanders

Just as the title say's. Might been asked before but in open I think Elite troopers/Commanders should get swords/battons. It (I think) would add a interesting game mechanic to open. How I would think they should be used, would be like on the Dantooine jedi academy in FA. (Republic vs Sith Empire with Malak and what not).

Just thought it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts on this.

My impression on this is it is a bad idea. You are potentially giving people the ability to use a lightsaber for 2 lives. Also before anyone mentions 'oh well they wouldn't get bp to fight jedi or sith' the batons would still have saber mechanics which means mblock which means they still can kill jedi or sith very easily with a baton.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Also before anyone mentions 'oh well they wouldn't get bp to fight jedi or sith' the batons would still have saber mechanics which means mblock which means they still can kill jedi or sith very easily with a baton.

Who says they would have to have mblock? Don't allow them to mblock, problem solved. :p

still can kill jedi or sith very easily with a baton.
If jedi and sith have trouble killing each other.
How is a dude without force points, no ability to jump, no force blocking so hes not immune to lighting and push spam, and basically fighting people who can one hit him.

How can he very easily kill jedi and sith when the only thing he can do that jedi and sith can do is swing a bat around like a retard?
The melee weapon cannot block or deflect blaster fire, and would only work in cqc encounters assuming his opponent does not have a gun.

He won't very easily kill anyone, he would just have a chance to participate in dueling without having bullshit space magic.

Last edited:
I would support this, but I don't think the team would ever allow it.
Inb4 CoD-like knife suggestion.

It's canon that some commanders came along with Vibroblades. Just give them little to no BP. In my opinion though, let them have the ability to mblock, reason being that just because one does not have space magic does not mean they cannot be skilled enough to pull a disarm -and really said person would probably just get force whored to the ground. Give it the damage of blue style if you want to nerf it even further and make it practically useless against anyone not a gunner class. There won't really be much harm in it. Movie Battles needs to embrace canon, and that canon is that like commando droids on FA republic cruiser, a lot of gunners have used some sort of melee weapon. It does not need to 1 shot kill anyone like a lightsaber or have the defense necessary for drawn out dueling. If you don't already know what you're doing, you would die quickly pulling it out against a jedi.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
It's canon that some commanders came along with Vibroblades. Just give them little to no BP. In my opinion though, let them have the ability to mblock, reason being that just because one does not have space magic does not mean they cannot be skilled enough to pull a disarm -and really said person would probably just get force whored to the ground. Give it the damage of blue style if you want to nerf it even further and make it practically useless against anyone not a gunner class. There won't really be much harm in it. Movie Battles needs to embrace canon, and that canon is that like commando droids on FA republic cruiser, a lot of gunners have used some sort of melee weapon. It does not need to 1 shot kill anyone like a lightsaber or have the defense necessary for drawn out dueling. If you don't already know what you're doing, you would die quickly pulling it out against a jedi.

I'd rather just have a new class, of say, Commandos, that would consist of the BX Droids/Kotor Mandos/Sith Commander/etc with new abilities, that would make them good at range and up close, without being too annoying, like Hero/Gloan/Wook. Could give them stealth, and a high-cost sniper rifle.