Swingblock

Hi.

For the next patch, is it possible to allow players to swingblock the entire swing?

I'd like to hold block, and then tap LMB to initiate a swing, as opposed to tapping LMB then rushing to hit RMB before I am shot by high firepower SBD/Deka or mblocked.

With flinch/knockback in play, the delay in swingblocking makes some jedi v gunner gameplay too one sided. The knockback from shots along with the not getting a hit in addition to the FP drain from flinching should be adequate punishment, right?

Reactions: Rev
is it possible to remove disarm? :leia-ep4::lightsaber-green:
yes it is. :chewbacca:

Deka Players: "Can't get disarmed if you have no arms."

1khwq4.jpg

(pending adjustments to SBD). 👿

I know a lot of people want to reduce how powerful SBD is 😏

before I am shot by high firepower SBD/Deka :eek:

All of you are going to get cease and desist letters in the mail. Filthy organics.

3428b2521032a4897966190fd430432c.gif

This is targeted harassment!

Keep your hands off my chassis, and keep the endless patches for your pathetic saber systems.
(Of which I possess only a vague knowledge as to its function, but it is quite amusing to witness your endless disputes over.)

Last edited:
You're mad if you want to nerf SBD.

cortfp3 is the last vestige of hope against the mongobongoswingblock tirade.

The class is genuinely there to stop servers overflowing with Jedi and keep their power in line with reality. SBD is the soft class limit you won't impose and the Jedi nerf you won't realise.

Rebs used to have wook but you decided to make it vulnerable to push/pull at str 2 and then you made it vulnerable to lightning at all levels of strength and then you gimped caster 2 builds by making it charged shot only and then you gimped bowcaster entirely by making it shoot one laser per minute and then you gutted it further by increasing charge times and I'm pretty sure ammo too.

If you want to balance open, start with Jedi/Sith first. Once its interactions with gunner are fair then yes, absolutely tone down SBD.

Deka is a free frag for Jedi and no one will convince me otherwise.

Who are you replying to? My last comment was literally suggesting we bring back cort 2 in lieu of nerfing sbd.
If we could just stop remodeling everything after jedi/sith it would break things less and less per individual class, including adding things that wouldn't need to exist if jedi/sith had been properly assessed via gunner vs saberist mechanics.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
All of you are going to get cease and desist letters in the mail. Filthy organics.

3428b2521032a4897966190fd430432c.gif

This is targeted harassment!

Keep your hands off my chassis, and keep the endless patches for your pathetic saber systems.
(Of which I possess only a vague knowledge as to its function, but it is quite amusing to witness your endless disputes over.)
Possible changes not really based on sabering although there'd be more interesting ways of dealing with them. Will leave it up to @Mcbober to mention anything relating to it since it was mostly his write-ups AFAIK.
You're mad if you want to nerf SBD.
Not nerfs, changes, but again I'll leave it to Mcbober to expand on.
cortfp3 is the last vestige of hope against the mongobongoswingblock tirade.

The class is genuinely there to stop servers overflowing with Jedi and keep their power in line with reality. SBD is the soft class limit you won't impose and the Jedi nerf you won't realise.
Adjustments from the previous gunner betas will do a lot in this regard (there was very little full yolo'ing by any saberists since they got killed pretty quick for being sloppy).

Rebs used to have wook but you decided to make it vulnerable to push/pull at str 2 and then you made it vulnerable to lightning at all levels of strength and then you gimped caster 2 builds by making it charged shot only and then you gimped bowcaster entirely by making it shoot one laser per minute and then you gutted it further by increasing charge times and I'm pretty sure ammo too.
Lightning affecting Strength 3 is being removed, anything else is still up in the air right now.

That would ruin dueling and open mode
¿ruin how? correct me if im wrong but was this feature from the beginning of this mod? cause i dont remember seeing it until later on and since then its been such a shitty resource, that not only breaks the dueling feeling but those that can and are expert on abusing it, does it.
so no child, i think this thing could be removed and no one would miss it (other than those that loves to gloat)

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
¿ruin how? correct me if im wrong but was this feature from the beginning of this mod? cause i dont remember seeing it until later on and since then its been such a shitty resource, that not only breaks the dueling feeling but those that can and are expert on abusing it, does it.
so no child, i think this thing could be removed and no one would miss it (other than those that loves to gloat)
Swingblock so you won't get disarmed, simple as that. It helps in open a lot, makes killing the opponent much faster
I really don't know anyone else except you that are complaining about disarming, but i gotta say disarming should be punishable, like if you fail the mblock you lose a certain amount of bp (like it was in older patches)

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
the primary function of swingblocking is to protect from slap knockdown, preventing disarms is secondary

Mcbober

Movie Battles II Team
The SBD changes mentioned are not so much a nerf as much as an overhaul of how the class plays and what options it has. The goal is to give more choices to SBD players since right now there's basically only one way to play the class, with no additional weapons or abilities that change how you play. Choosing passive resistance buffs to different damage types is not fun or interesting. I won't give the full writeup here so as keep things interesting when it's finished and we release it, but I'd imagine SBD players will be happy to have more toys to play with.