Suggestion: Remove abused admin commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
smod SetTK:

This command is being abused by admins who are tking people. They are removing their own tk points, the tk points of their clan members and in some cases putting tk points on people they don't like. This is an obvious abuse of power and there is no legitimate reason why this command is even needed. Admins already have the ability to unban people through an smod command, so if someone was really not a teamkiller, the admin could just unban them. However, in every case I have seen, servers have the tk points high enough where getting tempbanned for tking is a legitimate response due to the automatic point system. Admins also have the ability to set how long the tempban is for. Request removal during next update.

smod mute:

This is another command I have yet seen used properly. I can see if someone is spamming on the server with countless binds where this would come in handy. However, again, it is another command that is being used simply to mute people the admin/clan doesn't want to hear. Even when this command was in JA+ it was constantly abused by admins, right next to /amslay. With /ignore available, there is no reason for this command. Request removal during the next update.

I propose a rework.
It will be impossible to set tk points to the lower value than the player currently has. So, if I have 100 TK points, settk won't be able to set it to 99 or lower, only higher. Does it sound well?
P.S. From the other side, if the only admin on the server will get kicked for too high TK points amount, who will be left to administrate the server? doh...

Pretty much this:

We get your point, we really do.
But remember, clan servers serve their own before others.

SetTK is not being used as what it was created for. If someone is tking the point where they would need to have their points set higher, an admin would just remove the player from the game via kick/ban preferably after some kind of verbal warning.

SetTK is not being used as what it was created for. If someone is tking the point where they would need to have their points set higher, an admin would just remove the player from the game via kick/ban preferably after some kind of verbal warning.

After the extended amount of time with the game, I don't think you can do anything with the TK system.
Stuff will always fall through the cracks, and when they do; its loud as hell and will remind people how incompetent we are. But it doesn't hurt to try.
So go for it I guess.

And with the current system, clans can exploit it and allow members to break the server rules in the most subtle ways.
I want to make a suggestion on allowing kills to lower tk score, but I can imagine people farming kills with the soldier class in order to do that.

Or do it wrong and piss everyone off in the process?
Because I noticed you don't seem to have a problem with pissing people off when you fuck up, instead of just admitting being wrong and apologizing for it.
You are right, I don't care. People make a way to big 'a deal out of this. Nobody that only played the game normally will ever get me to use admin powers.
If people try to bait me into kicking/banning/muting them and then cry admin abuse when I actually do it and that pisses them off, I got no problem with that.

You are right, I don't care. People make a way to big 'a deal out of this. Nobody that only played the game normally will ever get me to use admin powers.
If people try to bait me into kicking/banning/muting them and then cry admin abuse when I actually do it and that pisses them off, I got no problem with that.
Who the fuck plays on your server?

Is there a darkside to the EU community I am not aware of?
Because your server is usually the most well behaved, not because of admins but because the people who play on it are not total jerks and giant children.

I know I rag on AOD a lot, but we don't have people baiting admins into doing thier jobs on the NA active servers.
In fact, we are lucky to even get somebody to use a kick command. And when somebody does, its the wrong person.

I want to make a suggestion on allowing kills to lower tk score, but I can imagine people farming kills with the soldier class in order to do that.

That's not actually a bad idea. Using the current system of fractioned kills, you could tie it to the tk point system. Though, then it becomes one of those "does the end justify the means?" (throwing a grenade until a bunch of enemies and teammates)

Is there a darkside to the EU community I am not aware of?
Because your server is usually the most well behaved, not because of admins but because the people who play on it are not total jerks and giant children.
Oh boy you have no idea... EU playerbase got worse and worse over the years.

That's not actually a bad idea. Using the current system of fractioned kills, you could tie it to the tk point system. Though, then it becomes one of those "does the end justify the means?" (throwing a grenade until a bunch of enemies and teammates)
I guess that's why we need testers then.

Oh boy you have no idea... EU playerbase got worse and worse over the years.
I will take your word for it because I know you actively try to do the right thing and put up a tough front because the community conditioned you to be like that.

But nobody will hunt down your Facebook and private information if you display your humanity a bit more.

Cow

Donator
Noo... don't take away or change setTK it's the best feature since idk, ever =D. If I notice poor random good well behaving players getting unlucky, having many unlucky tk points, and I decide to set their TK points to 69 does that make me evil abuser admin?

I haven't used mute but saying "oh everyone can just ignore the spammer" is a silly argument, forcing 32 players to do /ignore spambot while playing instead of one admin being able to /mute...

Lately on AOD rotation and pandemonium we have been having lots of new players coming on playing sith/jedi and insta punishing. Set tk is a good command, it just doesn't need to be abused. I've used it on non clan members who I see have been wronged quite a few times. And mute has been very useful when certain infamous community members, who shall not be named, have been themselves.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Not really the fault of anybody else then clans/servers picking people unsuited for the job. For some reason it's a big thing in games these days where people who own a server or take up an admin/mod status don't really enjoy or play the game that often. I'll never understand why, but some people just become a mod/admin when they are unfit for it or just don't play the server on their own time. The best bet for you would be too find another server, or open one if you can afford the expenses.
This^

Just stop playing on these servers. People keep crying about private servers... they are private. Period.

Strange, i don't have any problems with admins on any servers (under Padawan or X), strange isn't it?

More than 90% players who rage about abusive admins are just complete idiots. *** FACTS ***

Oh, and thanks for suggestion, we did consider it, but we thought people are smart enough to avoid servers with kiddoadmins. These commands as @Cow said, are useful for normal admins, and designed for normal admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.