•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue sound issue (taunts )

well seems like i keep finding some bugs or something anywho, whenever i do a taunt it gets chopped , like it skips and doesnt finish what is saying.
example: "brownies are yummy* would be the complete taunt, so what happens is this: *bro.............................* everytime its so random, sometimes it works and sometimes well what i stated.
any solution to this?
thanks for your time!

I encounter this as well, i noticed that it was constant when my hdd was dying but that was probably a coincidence. Sometimes i can't say anything, not even voice commands for the whole round just to be able to do it the next round. Dunno what causes it, dunno what fixes it. Also i noticed whenever an ally/enemy has this problem, it also chops their taunts like that.

i doubt its my HDD since the computer its sorta new, so theres gotta be a way to fix this, but its mb2 related im sure.
thanks for your commentary though :)

i also noticed that i cant say voice commands properly now that you mention that... hmm okay this is even more weird x_x

Last edited:
Yeah, this has happened to me on and off for the last few years in mb2. And I believe it was a legit technical issue that the devs addressed a few times. I think.
It had something do with memory?
See, even now it's affecting me:)

The sound used to cut off for most of my taunts...
Was it too many files? File size? The *cough* beta:)

If we had the old site I could tell you for sure:(

Did you remove all unnecessary files? Clean your memory:) Try a integrity check through your launcher? Try hitting your speakers?

Oh noes, more questions.

Did it happen with every taunt/model/class?
Is it just on a specific server?
Did you try praying? Sometimes that works.

thank god you are here chaos lel, okay so due the mess of the beta stuff i had to reinstall the whole thing so as you may assume, i reinstalled jk academy and of course redownloaded the mb2 threw the launcher, clean install.

So you're issue occurred before or after the re-install. Or did the re-install fix the issue. Tell me, so when it happens to me again I pretend to know what I should do:)

Mine just fixed itself. Through update or new builds:)

hahah , well i think it was already since the beta stuff , but since i did a clean install its very noticeable now though...i havent tried it on other servesr but US FA, either way its really lame and annoying.

its a hit and miss so to speak, if it wants it works if not then it doesnt.. but most of the time its just chopped.

That might be the thing.

From what I recall every time this *noticeably* happened to me it was on an FA server. Sometimes on open but almost always on an FA. Specifically the Um_Pirvsnin map. Do you know how horrifying it is to not be able to sing the song because it cuts out? I mean come on, how can I sing along without the prompt? Remember the words? Nope.

It might actually not have anything to do with your end but the server. :eek:

Considering they switched it to the beta and then back to standard...could be the devs fault. Ethically, you have no choice but to blame the devs.
Get to it.

:D

well otheres are suffering this issue as well, they thought it was *normal* to me its not cause ive never had this problem before... and i want it fix ._.

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This sounds to me like other sound sources are using 0 as the entity\client id. Joy to the world.

Voice commands also get cut off, which annoys me more. :( I think restarting the game fixes this, but often I'm not bothered enough to do that. Also map changes can fix this. 1 point for rotation servers.

Oh, another client 0 issue. We could make a list of client 0 drawbacks. For example if you're client 0 then you can't be healed, can't be given ammo in FA. Anyone knows more client 0 issues?