Something is different with Gunners Vs Sabers.

Ive played this mod for years off and on. I had taken a few years break and came back to it a year ago. As a Jedi, I used to do alright against gunners. Gave as good as I got. But now it feels almost impossible to get near a gunner. What gives? I understand I need to zig zag and manage my force power drainage, but used to be able to close the gap get a kill. Now I cant close the gap...its like their shots are pushing me back...and sometimes its like my saber goes thru them. Have the hit boxes gotten smaller? Has the saber length been nerfed? something feels VERT different.

This thread has a bunch of advice on saber vs gunner.

You should play the game at a low ping. Of course it's unfortunate if you live far away from the more populated servers, so it'll of course cause issues.
Make sure your rate, snaps and packets in network settings match the server you're playing on. Saber hurtbox should match the saber and iirc hit tracing for player models is based around Kyle's model. If someone's knocked down, you have to aim down to hit. A direct, horizontal slash will miss. Aiming dead center with a vertical swing is very reliable nowadays, I use it all the time.

And if you're used to something from years ago, some values and mechanics have been tweaked so it'll feel different. I've been playing on/off more frequently so I'm used to it, and you will get used to it. Imo the balance is fairly good right now.

Thanks for the reply, I did look through that thread, which is why I felt a little confused because I do most of those things. Perhaps your points on the network settings will help as I have NEVER messed with those. Do you have any advice for the knock back from blasters? I have read thru the in-game library but It doesn't explain it very well. It seems like if the bullet hits my saber I get pushed back. So if the gunner doesn't miss me at close range It is impossible to close the distance. OR I die from the first bullet I'm not blocking when I go for the kill.

I don't even remember how knockback works, my advice on it is that you don't get hit while swinging.

Ive played this mod for years off and on. I had taken a few years break and came back to it a year ago. As a Jedi, I used to do alright against gunners. Gave as good as I got. But now it feels almost impossible to get near a gunner. What gives? I understand I need to zig zag and manage my force power drainage, but used to be able to close the gap get a kill. Now I cant close the gap...its like their shots are pushing me back...and sometimes its like my saber goes thru them. Have the hit boxes gotten smaller? Has the saber length been nerfed? something feels VERT different.

Thanks for the reply, I did look through that thread, which is why I felt a little confused because I do most of those things. Perhaps your points on the network settings will help as I have NEVER messed with those. Do you have any advice for the knock back from blasters? I have read thru the in-game library but It doesn't explain it very well. It seems like if the bullet hits my saber I get pushed back. So if the gunner doesn't miss me at close range It is impossible to close the distance. OR I die from the first bullet I'm not blocking when I go for the kill.
Yes, Jedi/Sith vs Gunner has been hardened. Next question.
Practically now, to kill as JediSith you have to make a perfect zig zag so that the gunner misses almost every shot and then when you approach the gunner you have to side kill him in order to prevent being an easy target for close range. It's not enough with reaching close quarters, but you also have to prevent from being shot in closest range or you will get easily killed.
In my experience as gunner, killing a Jedi/Sith is quite easy, only most experienced ones are able to prevent the shots and killing you.

Not a pro at open jedi but people seemed to have gotten better as a gunner through out the years probably.