So...the saber system...

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
December 6th 2017. So 20 days ago. I've seen Tempest gather a few people at random for small scale tests too in the last month or so.

Just because its on paper/agenda doesn't mean it's a proper test. And I've never participated in tempests impromptu gameplay tests so I can't speak to that. It seems to be mostly just confirming stuff works, but never gameplay testing the implementation of ideas... I got to test a tiny bit with Aaron and SK5 on one occasion, but that wasn't an official test. No official saber system tests have been satisfactory in that way.

My problem is that the testing system doesn't seem to be working very well when it comes to producing good saber system results.

It is beyond me how the devs operate. I just look at the results and they are clearly garbage (1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.5). I am hoping that 2018 will bring with it a change in testing procedure and a better saber system. We are a tiny community and there should be less seperation between developers, beta testers and players in general. And we should all be more involved in testing. My impression of the dev process has been that it's crippled and stifling and not working very well and maybe your impression is different than mine. Keep in mind that I am looking specifically at the saber system, and partially at open mode changes aswell since those have been less than acceptable too in my view.

I also know, mace, that you view things in a very skewed light and have your own idea of what is happening and what has happened in the past, for example the RP debacle in 2007-2010. And we often don't see eye to eye.

But, it is an undeniable fact that we have been stuck on a shit system for a year if not more and despite having regular beta tests, the procedure has failed to produce anywhere near the results that it should. No wonder people are losing faith in the devs over the saber system. I know I am. I've been very patient and optimistic, yet despite this it just feels like things have utterly failed when it comes to the saber system.

I am telling you that things need to change in order for a better saber system to appear. get polished and pushed out. It's been in the works for a very long time now, and its full of theoretical things that haven't been put through the meat grinder of extensive testing. 1.4.5 might aswell be a beta build as far as I am concerned. We've had alot of time to test 1.4.5 and find out whats wrong with it.

It is imperative that testing isn't just about finding coding bugs, but testing how theoretical changes impact gameplay.

I don't think devs should pretend the game is complete, or out of beta. The opposite is probably better.

Include more ppl in the dev process, be more open about changes and discussions, and run some damn open/public tests.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I would like to add to SeV's post, and remind him that 1.4 was also incredibly shit.

1.3 was fucking great.

People that has shit skill tends to blame on builds that requires skill.

(Reffering to people that tells bs about 1.4)

Last edited: