Sniper Rifle Change/Addition

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So I've seen lots of complaints about sniping, and I've got my own gripes too. But someone said in game before something overlooked a bit: no blaster sniper rifles. That got me thinking.

New Sniper Rifle spec in build menu.
Level 1 Projectile Rifle (20) Level 2 Blaster Sniper (0)
Options to pick from either/or type of rifle. Differences below.

Projectile Rifle
This sniper has armor piercing capabilities and ignores target armor (50%?) and droideka shields, and cannot be reflected by sabers as the shot disintegrates on contact. However, since it is a physical slug it now has bullet drop but is harder to detect where the shot came from.

Blaster Sniper Rifle
This new type of sniper gives the advantage of not having any bullet drop, although it still acts as a normal blaster in game albeit a high damage shot. I imagine like the EE-3 but a separate weapon. (Side note for EE-3, give it separate ammo for sniper mode)

I know a lot probably would rather nothing be done to proj, but I see people talk about it recently. This adds a bit of variety and maybe changing up playstyles.

I like that idea. But
Projectile Rifle
This sniper has armor piercing capabilities and ignores target armor (50%?) and droideka shields, and cannot be reflected by sabers as the shot disintegrates on contact. However, since it is a physical slug it now has bullet drop but is harder to detect where the shot came from.
this would be op.

Change that to not be blockable at melee range and not armor piercing and you basically have old proj with bullet drop(which is totally fine).

I like that idea. But

this would be op.

Change that to not be blockable at melee range and not armor piercing and you basically have old proj with bullet drop(which is totally fine).
I think he meant that saberist can block it, but not deflect it back.

Well, if developers don't mind coding the bullet drop, it can be pretty cool. Now, this EE-3 clone doesn't sound too exciting, but maybe it can be good.

Well, if developers don't mind coding the bullet drop, it can be pretty cool. Now, this EE-3 clone doesn't sound too exciting, but maybe it can be good.
Oh yeah read that wrong

Smee

Banned
Bullet drop is a good idea but no need to make the Proj even more powerful with the other additions

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team

Maybe have the blaster shot have more velocity than the projectile? This is just a rough idea to kind of split the current rifle into two different guns to change up gameplay.

@Smee It already has some armor penetrating capability in game if you never noticed. It does both health and armor damage. I was thinking make it more pronounced to distinguish between the two guns.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
So I've seen lots of complaints about sniping, and I've got my own gripes too. But someone said in game before something overlooked a bit: no blaster sniper rifles. That got me thinking.

New Sniper Rifle spec in build menu.
Level 1 Projectile Rifle (20) Level 2 Blaster Sniper (0)
Options to pick from either/or type of rifle. Differences below.

Projectile Rifle

Blaster Sniper Rifle
This new type of sniper gives the advantage of not having any bullet drop, although it still acts as a normal blaster in game albeit a high damage shot. I imagine like the EE-3 but a separate weapon. (Side note for EE-3, give it separate ammo for sniper mode)

I know a lot probably would rather nothing be done to proj, but I see people talk about it recently. This adds a bit of variety and maybe changing up playstyles.

So basically just make one of them overpowered, for literally no drawbacks. Got it.