Slap Revert Request

The slap change feels like a massive downgrade from the previous function. Slaps feel extremely whimpy and basically break the flow of the battle. It looks and feels really bad to just collapse in place of a heart attack instead of getting knocked away. I'm not knocking any devs at all I'm just saying as a player it feels bad. Is there anyway we can get a vote from the community going or anything for this? I feel like this takes away Immensely from the dueling pace and immersion.

Here are a list of critical gameplay elements that were heavily effected by the change.

1. Slappers no longer have the freedom to choose the defensive option of regaining regen and space after a slap. (Its greifing to not attack someone that collapses in your face)

2. 1 v X is now heavily skewed against the solo duelist as you have no reliable way to displace and create space against your opponents. You can basically be smothered with little to no reproccusions.

3. Soul caliber ring outs have essentially been removed.

4. Not having any knockback at all means you basically have no defense options outside of perfect blocking everything. Slaps even when blocked provided some protections( distance created, sometimes the knock back will cause swings to whiff, etc..).

Last edited:
You could violently slap jumpers out of the air before. I used to get a head rush from sending little yodas flying across a room on well timed slaps.

You could say this change is a "slap" to the face for the players.

hqdefault.jpg

Current slapping definitely feels worse overall, also rendering its secondary use – slight distance increase in very specific circumstances – invalid. But there is one thing about it that is somewhat positive – now there is no chance for you to miss the swing for the sole reason of someone trying to slap you, and your next swing going over their head... though that could be solved otherwise. I imagine it might also be a workaround for unintentional DFA from slap as if you are using jump, not sure if it was fixed before.

Leo

Internal Beta Team
Sick of seeing these fairys hopping around the place and getting no disadvantage for fucking it up
wait till you hear about the increased damage taken when in air.. or about slap working every single time on someone in air.. ur world is gonna become much bigger