Shit TK System

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you accidentally kill someone with dual side stab within the first 30 seconds of a round not long after map change you get over 800 tk points and kicked instantly. Before !punish. That's dumb. Please fix. Thanks.

For the record this happened at the start of a round on Nar Shaddaa where I used dual side stab on the breakable area outside of reb spawn to access lower and a teammate ran into the other end of the stab. I got over 800 tk points from that and immediately kicked. I've had that happen and I was told I didn't even kill the person. A simple swing that hit a teammate got me over 500, and also didn't even kill them. I was forced to spec without even killing the person.

I understand wanting the tk system to punish tkers, but it has to be on a round by round basis, and ramp up based on previous round offenses. The system can't just give people tk points based on how many rounds since map change, or how early on in a round it is when a tk happens. Might as well just take !p and !f out of the equation, which is basically what happens in some cases.

Jedi tking at the start of round I especially understand getting a huge number of tk points because that's usually when it happens, but it shouldn't be happening without punishing. Accidentally tks happen. People forgive, and it's not a big deal. The intention of the tk system shouldn't be to punish ALL tk's, just those the system deems on purpose.

Fuse294

Internal Beta Team
If you accidentally kill someone with dual side stab within the first 30 seconds of a round not long after map change you get over 800 tk points and kicked instantly. Before !punish. That's dumb. Please fix. Thanks.
Don't TK and it won't be a problem.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
For the record this happened at the start of a round on Nar Shaddaa where I used dual side stab on the breakable area outside of reb spawn to access lower and a teammate ran into the other end of the stab. I got over 800 tk points from that and immediately kicked. I've had that happen and I was told I didn't even kill the person. A simple swing that hit a teammate got me over 500, and also didn't even kill them. I was forced to spec without even killing the person.

I understand wanting the tk system to punish tkers, but it has to be on a round by round basis, and ramp up based on previous round offenses. The system can't just give people tk points based on how many rounds since map change, or how early on in a round it is when a tk happens. Might as well just take !p and !f out of the equation, which is basically what happens in some cases.

Jedi tking at the start of round I especially understand getting a huge number of tk points because that's usually when it happens, but it shouldn't be happening without punishing. Accidentally tks happen. People forgive, and it's not a big deal. The intention of the tk system shouldn't be to punish ALL tk's, just those the system deems on purpose.
I believe it's because the side stab has a lingering hitbox that hits multiple times if the target is inside the hitbox. If they run into you while the spawnshield is still active, they continuously take "hits" which count towards TK points while not immediately dying due to the spawnshield. Thus when they do die, it's counted as a TK where you "hit" them like 4 times with dualies, which with the early-round TK point boosts causes you to get almost max TK points in a single TK.

Don't TK and it won't be a problem.
i hope they change this because i love team killing at round start so my team mate can not playthe game for 5 minutes
Read the second post.

It happened at the start of a round when I was going to attack the breakable wall that leads to lower on Nar Shaddaa. 800 tk points instantly is absurd when you're just trying to access the lower part of the map.

Orrrrrrrrr you can just dick ride for clout. I guess that's okay too.
I believe it's because the side stab has a lingering hitbox that hits multiple times if the target is inside the hitbox. If they run into you while the spawnshield is still active, they continuously take "hits" which count towards TK points while not immediately dying due to the spawnshield. Thus when they do die, it's counted as a TK where you "hit" them like 4 times with dualies, which with the early-round TK point boosts causes you to get almost max TK points in a single TK.
I've gotten over 400 for a single swing, too, so it isn't just side stab.

Read the second post.

It happened at the start of a round when I was going to attack the breakable wall that leads to lower on Nar Shaddaa. 800 tk points instantly is absurd when you're just trying to access the lower part of the map.

Orrrrrrrrr you can just dick ride for clout. I guess that's okay too.

I've gotten over 400 for a single swing, too, so it isn't just side stab.
please fix it pesky i love team killing people at round start

Reactions: Leo
Status
Not open for further replies.