•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Server not showing in master list

Hey, I am trying to host a server, and in the past it came up in the master server list, but this was in 1.3 I don't know if the master server has been altered, but my server is appearing in local as usual, but not for the master list, and not in Jack'lul either. I have the 29070, 2971, and 29060 ports opened aswell, so I'm not sure as to why it's not appearing in the master list. These are my master servers in my server.cfg

seta sv_master1 "master.moviebattles.org" // Master servers - do not alter unless you know what you are doing.
seta sv_master2 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_master3 "master.jkhub.org"
seta sv_master4 "master.jacklul.com"
seta sv_master5 "master.qtracker.com"

If anyone could help out, i'd be very grateful.

Again, I've hosted servers plenty in the past, and didn't change anything in the server.cfg, and the server.bat remains the same as it was. Haven't touched anything, just not popping up anywhere but local.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Post IP of your server.
Post everything from server's console.
Make sure those ports aren't blocked by firewall, and they are forwarded in a router, if you have any.

3f7082f4cf189fdaafe78ef86f0d2188.png

I'm not sure where to find the server's actual IP, but it shows here that it's consistently showing heartbeats to the master servers, so I know it's connected.

72f2ad69a2b1d8e003f234f43306305a.png

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'm not sure where to find the server's actual IP
Just copy what do see here:
What Is My IP - The IP Address Experts - WhatIsMyIP.com ®
Ваш IP-адрес. Узнать IP адрес, определить IP-адрес, определить свой IP
What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More
but it shows here that it's consistently showing heartbeats to the master servers, so I know it's connected.
No, it doesn't ring any bells.
And even if master server gets you heartbeat, it tries to establish a connection to your server. If it fails, your server won't be included in the list.

Can't connect it.
Check your firewall -- do you have some Kaspersky products installed? NOD32? Comodo, Agnitum Outpost?
None of them. Firewall is up, but again the ports are forwarded. And ive run servers in the past, and nothing has changed with my firewall since then

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm able to ping your public ip, so it isn't an issue with firewall. It could be something as simple as your config is outdated, etc. Also, according to your PFs, 10.0.0.3 is your ipv4, which isn't your public ip.

I'm able to ping your public ip, so it isn't an issue with firewall. It could be something as simple as your config is outdated, etc. Also, according to your PFs, 10.0.0.3 is your ipv4, which isn't your public ip.
How would I go about making the server my public ip?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
None of them. Firewall is up, but again the ports are forwarded. And ive run servers in the past, and nothing has changed with my firewall since then
Post a screenshot of settings of your firewall.

Could you start some of your other servers?
Maybe they also won't work, that may give us some clues.

Maybe your ISP is blocking an incoming connections?
I'm able to ping your public ip, so it isn't an issue with firewall.
Me too, but maybe firewall is set to block incoming on 29070, but pass ICMP?
Also, according to your PFs, 10.0.0.3 is your ipv4, which isn't your public ip.
Port forwarding should be done for local IPs.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Alright, I'll use the port forwarding on the address I posted when I get home in a bit
You aren't home now? But I hope you were home when you did post that IP, because you are supposed to visit the sites I've mention from same computer that you use to host your server (technically, from any computer that is plugged to the same router which your server is plugged to).

Also I doubt that changing IP in a router will help, 10.0.0.3 looks fine...

And yeah the ip change probably won't help any, because again, hosted fun house on mb2 just about 2 months ago, and now all the sudden problems are arising.

Actually puppy tine, you helped me in the past and said you could see my server up and running.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Actually puppy tine, you helped me in the past and said you could see my server up and running.
Yes, I remember that, but as I said, now I can neither see your server in the list, nor connect to it by ip.

So, when you get home, post a screenshot of settings of your firewall and try starting some of your other servers.

Do you think deleting the server.cfg and .bat and starting from scratch again would do the trick? I don't think it's my firewall since nothing has changed since I last hosted.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Do you think deleting the server.cfg and .bat and starting from scratch again would do the trick
No.
Especially keeping in mind that you can normally play on your server (I assumed that by the screenshot of a console).
But you can try it if you want, it won't hurt.
Instead of deleting server.cfg, you can just move it to some unrelated folder, and reuse it in the future.
I don't think it's my firewall since nothing has changed since I last hosted.
Doesn't matter, it should be checked anyway.

Another thing that should be checked is a possibility of running other servers.
You've mentioned you've made servers for other games: HL, Sven Coop... Are you able to have them working now?
By 'working' I mean that you should launch some server as usual, and invite some people to connect to. My whole point is to make sure that other users can (or cannot) connect to a server you host.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm probably just gonna go with the JKA.iso, it seems a lot more stable and I won't have to keep a computer constantly running the server

Thank you very much for your help though.