•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Server list empty

Hi, so today i uninstalled MBII and wanted to play some vanilla multiplayer (I have Jedi Academy on steam). Pressed on the get new list button, but it just stayed empty. I've tried to direct connect to a server via ip and that worked, and I checked the multiplayer on my other pc where it's just the vanilla version with no mods- the game fetched all the servers no problem. It led me to believe that the problem was somehow caused by moviebattles but I'm not sure what it is. I also tried reinstalling the game several times but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Edit: I've reinstalled MoviebattlesII to just check it's multiplayer, and that one works fine. The servers show on the list and I can connect to them. It's just the vanilla that's not working.

Last edited:
SAME, I have had this problem for a year now, the multiplayer mode is basically bricked for me too, I haven't found much on this problem and I like you need answers
Ill take any thing at this point, I just want to play a regular game rn

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm not sure what is going on for clanker and semperfi but @Nico Durham weve been doing some swapping the master server due to the DDOS attacks. Your DNS possibly hasn't been updated. You could try flushing DNS cache on your PC.

Movie Battles II Server List You can go here and connect manually in the console (/connect) with the ip in the mean time.

I'm not sure what is going on for clanker and semperfi but @Nico Durham weve been doing some swapping the master server due to the DDOS attacks. Your DNS possibly hasn't been updated. You could try flushing DNS cache on your PC.

Movie Battles II Server List You can go here and connect manually in the console (/connect) with the ip in the mean time.
This issue has been happening to me for over a year, it just started via deleting the mod, I dont want to have to search up the servers I wanna go on, all I want are some answers, (I meant no offence by this btw)

I took a second to read this again and I kind of see what your saying now, but I would like some explanations

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It appears that the master server of base Jedi Academy, masterjk3.ravensoft.com, is down at this time.
big oof

You can switch to master.jkhub.org to get in-game list working again:
  1. Open file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS" with Notepad
  2. Add this line:
    Code:
    54.37.94.200 masterjk3.ravensoft.com
  3. Save the file
And please stop trying to connect Movie Battles with the issues with base Jedi Academy.
MBII doesn't prevent vanilla JA from working properly even when it's installed, and it definitely has no power over your PC after it's unistalled.
You think it's black magic or something? If a software is gone from a computer, it's gone and it can't make any difference anymore. Neither Jedi Academy nor Movie Battles do use the system registry, and MBII doesn't touch JA configs. If no MBII files were manually copied from "MBII" into "base" and "GameData" folders, they can't interfere with vanilla game.
Have you even read this thread?
Those guys are talking about server list being empty in base Jedi Academy, not Movie Battles.

b81baad87e0a.png

47ce928db073.png

Right, I think that did it. Servers are popping up again on the list. Tho I'm curious what caused it in the first place. And is it possible to add some more master servers this way? In any case, thank you very much!

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Right, I think that did it. Servers are popping up again on the list. Tho I'm curious what caused it in the first place. And is it possible to add some more master servers this way? In any case, thank you very much!
Scuttlebutt in the JKHub Discord is some infrastructure issue on Ravensoft's end, though that was awhile ago. I think JKHub's is the only widely used third party master server for base JKA. Servers have to be configured to report to it and clients set to check it, so there is a bit of a natural barrier to uptake.

In regards to the speculation on MBII impacting base MP in any way, the simple answer is no, it does not, and cannot as things are currently distributed. We used to have a special asset file added to the base folder many years ago which messed up animations in base, but enabled loading of MBII from within the mod menu without issues. This was dropped (or rather moved to the MBII folder) around v1's release in order to respect base and any other mods you might use.