Semi Serious Suggestion: But what if we made Gloat/Flourish do Damage?

Ok I know this sounds like a meme, but what if this was implemented? Imagine: a mandolorian flies over your head, so you flourish and snipe him! Before I get into the effects on gameplay, let me go ahead and put some restrictions on this OP concept.

First, the animation would have a very specific, small hitbox. We would not want pulling off a taunt kill to be easy. Second, the damage would have to be small. I think saber throw damage calculations would be a good base for medium taunts for example. Third, the hitbox should have a cooldown after one hit. Remember my first example? Imagine a whole squad of mandos taking damage from one hit. Finally, the hitbox would be removed if the player moved. Heavy gloat running towards a person at low HP and running them over like a truck would be hilarious but broken. Possible restrictions: No spam taunts? Maybe you should have to play the whole animation to get the hitbox? I do not know if this would be broken to be honest.

Ok so on to gameplay effects. The effect would be minimal in my opinion. Some guy being stabbed by heavy gloat after a knockdown would be quite fun to see. Blue and medium gloat would be a kind of upstab that you could use to stab through floors. Medium and heavy gloat could be used as a counter to Yellow DFA I guess. If the movement restriction are not implemented low HP gunners would be susceptible to backflip flourishes.

How should the Blue, medium, and heavy Gloats and Flourishes be balanced. Perhaps the heavy ones would do more damage? Maybe they would be more balanced at even damages? Would my restrictions makes these useless or are they not harsh enough?

Ideas? Opinions? Vitriol? Tell me what you guys think.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
I think it's not a bad idea and you seem to have thought this through, but to be honest this sounds like W swings with extra steps. Not really sure what these do that a W swing can't. It's not a bad idea in concept, I'm just unsure why you might need an additional vertical attack.

I think it's not a bad idea and you seem to have thought this through, but to be honest this sounds like W swings with extra steps. Not really sure what these do that a W swing can't. It's not a bad idea in concept, I'm just unsure why you might need an additional vertical attack.

Well for one thing, it is hard for Red and Purple to hit mandos and other vertical things because of their swing speeds.

Also, have you considered the potential cool factor and meme potential? W swings just cannot compete.

Well for one thing, it is hard for Red and Purple to hit mandos and other vertical things because of their swing speeds.

Also, have you considered the potential cool factor and meme potential? W swings just cannot compete.
Petition to keep memes to FA and Duel mode.