Semi Serious Suggestion 7: Saber throw

Everyone wants saber throw to be a part of movie battles, right? It's so cool and flashy, but would be overpowered. Or would it be? Here is my proposal on a balanced form of saber throw.

First of all, the default saber throw should remain as is. Anything better needs to be a purchasable ability. It could be called 'advanced saber throw'. Second, one important feature would need to be implemented before this could happen. The thrown saber needs a hurtbox that can be shot. If it takes any bolt fire, it needs to instantly drop to the floor (or for large damage shots, be knocked away) and go into cooldown. Either way, let us continue.

Advanced Saber Throw Level 1: The same as this saber throw, but the saber travels faster and has no cooldown before it can be pulled back. I think this could be reasonable for 7 points.

Advance Saber Throw Level 2: On tap of the button, the same as level one. On holding the button, the Jedi/Sith goes into a Visually distinct animation that takes 1 second to complete. During this animation, if shot the saberist takes swingblock FP damage and the throw is cancelled. The throw will cost 40 FP. Once the saber is thrown, the saber makes the saber throw sound from the force unleashed (Loud and distinct) for as long as it's in the air. The saber will be thrown horizantally (Unless using staff) and travel at 1.6x the speed of a hero. During this, the saberist cannot crouch, run, or jump and is completely vulnerable to blaster fire. The saberist can control the saber a bit in the air if standing still, but cannot do so if walking. The saber cannot go lower than waist height (Except Staff). When the saber comes back, the saberist must manually catch the saber or it will fall the the floor and go on cooldown. If the saber hits a blocking saberist, the saber would be deflected back to the thrower regardless of the distance. The damage of the throw would be halved on the way back to the thrower. The damage and length of the saber will be based on style. The lighter the style damage, the farther the saber will be thrown. Would need to test these for details. The cost would have to be about 15 points.

So? I think this could work. You can shoot the saber, shoot the saberist before the throw, or crouch under the saber to counter throw. Is this even too much? Tell me anymore ideas in the comments.

D

Deleted member 3500

Instead of it being the default saber throw, the Advanced Saber throw should be Vanilla JKA's saber throw, which is what I'm assuming what you mean by it spinning horizonally. Accordingly, the saber throw in the base game can deflect blasters, so shooting it is useless, and instead it should be if you get hit by a blaster shot, the saber should then hit the ground. When facing other Jedi or Sith, the saber throw can easily be blocked by another lightsaber, and it can also just fall to the ground when blocked or deflected.

I'm very much in favor of a saber throw upgrade that costs points. The only thing I use saber throw for currently is to throw it and deactivate the saber mid air as a meme.

Your level 2 advanced saber throw however sounds a bit convoluted and difficult to implement. And I don't think saber throw should travel faster with any level. I think levels of advanced saber throw should just increase damage, increase BP damage, and decrease cooldown. Nothing too crazy, it should at max level still be less useful than a blaster, because the point of Force users is being the close range class. But just enough to make it a reliable finisher move.