SBD and Deka

These classes are too much of a low effort/high reward, and both usually require to be directly "hard countered" to be dealt with properly, and their strength is further exacerbated by the fact that Imperials are usually the ones with the defender's advantage.

In the case of the SBD, if it were nerfed much more than where it's at now I feel the class could go useless. There's a fairly fine line of balance, and in the end I think it needs a rework into a more mobile class with unique weapons.

The same goes for the Deka, though obviously it has been fleshed out more and more.

I think abilities should be given to these classes that make them more unique and fun to play, while taking away a lot of the passive "pillbox" style gameplay they have now. By "pillbox" I mean the ability to lay down a continuous stream of high-rate-of fire and high-damage rounds for very long periods of time all the while being pretty tanky. The SBD tends to be the most effective at this while utilizing cover, and with slap it has pretty good defense against Jedi as well. They both seem to go up in power the smaller the match size as well. As long as I can remember both SBD and Deka were banned classes when people were still willing to scrim eachother (back before putting egos on the line became too great of a risk to take).

Anyone who has played this game for a while would probably agree that Deka/SBD are usually fallback classes people switch to when they are getting owned in some way. Not many people find them fun to "main" the class like they might a Hero/Jedi or what not. But they are extremely powerful/annoying to deal with, especially the SBD, sometimes even in incompetent hands. I would probably say that for any player of any given skill level, they tend to be much more of a threat if they play SBD/Deka than any other gunning class.

I know that coding resources are pretty limited so a redesign may be asking too much, even if a slight one. I won't go into writing a huge wall of text since I really just want to know if the majority agree with me or not.

Last edited:
I do feel like Droidekas could do with some work, I really like SBDs as they are. They have to pick between specialties. Maybe Firepower 3 could do with a bit of a fire rate nerf but not much else is problematic there.

Dekas though... they're a tough nut. I think discharge needs a longer recharge time and I also think their turning rate while stationary should be reduced to make them easier to dodge. Since they take so long to kill as a gunner it's too easy for them to hit you.