•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Request to Restore the "Increase" TK Points option

TeKilla

Donator
Hello There!

I would like to address the recent removal of the "Increase" option for TK points. As an active player and member of the community, I have noticed the absence of this option, which was previously available through the "settk" command.

The ability for administrators to increase a player's TK points was an effective means of discouraging disruptive behavior and maintaining order within servers. It provided an easy tool for enforcing rules.

I kindly request that you guys reconsider and restore the "Increase" option for TK points.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your hard work in developing and maintaining the mod.

D

Deleted member 8224

That part of the command was replaced with the "marktk" function.

And it automatically marks them as that if they continually team kill.

D

Deleted member 8224

Although marktk may serve as an alternative, it lacks the effectiveness and impact of the original "Increase" option.
That's what you can use forceteam or tempban for.

Sure, increasing would lead them to not TK for a while but essentially serves the same purpose as marktk does.

TeKilla

Donator
I understand that forceteam and tempban commands can serve a similar purpose in terms of addressing player misconduct. However, they may not always be the most appropriate or proportional response to every case of misconduct.

Personally, I believe that employing an intermediate punishment that encourages players to cease their toxic behavior is preferable over immediately resorting to more severe measures.

In this regard, I am uncertain if marktk provides the same level of effectiveness in discouraging negative player behavior as the previous "Increase" option in settk did.

I understand that forceteam and tempban commands can serve a similar purpose in terms of addressing player misconduct. However, they may not always be the most appropriate or proportional response to every case of misconduct.

Personally, I believe that employing an intermediate punishment that encourages players to cease their toxic behavior is preferable over immediately resorting to more severe measures.

In this regard, I am uncertain if marktk provides the same level of effectiveness in discouraging negative player behavior as the previous "Increase" option in settk did.
There was a big discussion about this exact issue, I can tell you that you will be better off trying to argue for changes to marktk than getting the old settk back. It will probably net you more results. Long story short marktk is designed to get the outcome you are describing here, if it doesn't do that then it has to be tweaked.

TeKilla

Donator
There was a big discussion about this exact issue, I can tell you that you will be better off trying to argue for changes to marktk than getting the old settk back. It will probably net you more results. Long story short marktk is designed to get the outcome you are describing here, if it doesn't do that then it has to be tweaked.

I don't necessarily insist on having the "old" settk command back, but I certainly believe that further adjustments or tweaks to marktk are necessary to fulfill its role as a reliable intermediate punishment option.

Good luck having changes made to Smod. There has been request from as far as I remember, but it's not a priority they are focusing on.

I do think the Settk was abused because of poorly server management, not because of the command itself.

Handing Settk to the wrong admin, is a skill issue of the host. As much as lacking to explain how to use it properly.

Maybe some people asked for this new command ? I personally am hosting for 6 years on this game, (Open, duelmode, everything) and I never was asked my oppinion. :confused:

So as often, we just have to take what has changed, that we did not really required. (If it's not broken, why changing .... ?)