[Request] Replacement animations for different lightsaber stances to reflect forms 1-7

In short, replacing the default blocking animations of the different color stances to be more noticable and memorable.
Something similar was done here: OJP V1.2 stance modifications - LucasForums yet it is for the older build of the mod and the file is no longer avaliable for download.

Cyan = Form IV Ataru because of its emphasis on fast and continous strikes
Blue = Form II Makashi because it relies on fast but deliberate dueling swings and is easy to defend with
Yellow = Form I Shii-Cho (or Form VI Niman) because it is the middle ground
Purple = Form VII Juyo/Vaapad because it is a very aggressive and fast fighting style
Red = Form V Djem-So because it is also aggressive yet often used in conjunction with heavy counter attacks

Pictures of the stances that could be used: (apologies if sizes are too large or too small)

Cyan:
latest

Blue:
Count_Dooku.jpg

Yellow:
mxG1vl.jpg

Purple:
shot0029.jpg~original

Red:
latest

That is pretty much it, dual and staff animations are fine how they are in my opinion so those can stay the same.
Hopefully someone likes the idea enough to give it a try! I would be willing to help out in any way that I can.

Thanks,
SpaceNavy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A great idea. My own opinion is that we switch blue and cyan, but other than that it's pretty perfect. Totally welcome a discussion on this.

So I decided that I might as well give it a shot myself, because I know people don't usually take offers for mods especially ones that are somewhat bizzare.

However I am having difficultly locating the animations for the other stances. Currently all I have managed to find are:

BOTH_SABERFAST_STANCE
and
BOTH_SABERSLOW_STANCE

Which are blue and red respectively. But what are the other names for cyan, yellow, and purple?

EDIT:
Ah I may have already found it.
TRIPLE3_BLUESTANCE for cyan
TRIPLE3_REDSTANCE for purple
TRIPLE3_YELLOWSTANCE for yellow I assume?

I love the stances from OJP r159 (you can download it here: Open Jedi Project)
Makashi looks better and juyo looks like the one on the screens.
But i don't think anyone is going to do anim replacement anywyas.
edit: Oh and in the files there is cool red stance. You can't access it in game i think.

Honestly this is a stupid idea as stances aren't equivalent to a martial art(people with some swordsman ship will get my point). Also I never understood the love of those pseudo Kendo/Hema stances, lol.
Edit: Also glad you didn't request Makashi to be either Purple/Cyan.

Last edited:
Honestly this is a stupid idea as stances aren't equivalent to a martial art(people with some swordsman ship will get my point). Also I never understood the love of those pseudo Kendo/Hema stances, lol.

Does that really matter and was your "stupid" comment really necessary at all?
The main point of this mod would be to be able to distinguish the 5 different stances easier because as of now, 4 of them look nearly exactly the same.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Personally I would love if each style had it's own distinct animation in all situations -- walking, blocking, running, jumping and of course swinging. It was solve a lot of consistency issues with Jedi and Sith that are present.

Personally I would love if each style had it's own distinct animation in all situations -- walking, blocking, running, jumping and of course swinging. It was solve a lot of consistency issues with Jedi and Sith that are present.
Didn't OJP have it? But then the author of those animations must be unavaible now.
Does that really matter and was your "stupid" comment really necessary at all?
The main point of this mod would be to be able to distinguish the 5 different stances easier because as of now, 4 of them look nearly exactly the same.
There's always going to be that one guy just like me. Also on the side note, all honestly I had never any difficulty at distinguishing it, but oh well.