Remove worthless lvl 1 guns in Open

Lee

ee3 lvl 1 - has 0 usage, 0 viable builds
t21 lvl 1 - useful, but has 0 viable builds
bowcaster lvl 1 - has 0 usage, 0 viable builds
disruptor lvl 1 - has 0 usage, 0 viable builds

Debatable:
clone rifle lvl 1 - has limited usage, and a single viable build. If anything it should be made into its own weapon slot and mimic the e11 style clone gun from jedi temple fa

Controversial:
I would remove lvl 1 from all pistols, make them automatically lvl 2 as default. Would provide a reasonable increase to the skill-ceiling. The only class I see this as being broken on is melee wookiee having a charged shot. Charged shot in and of itself is pretty dumb tho....the idea it increases the size of the bullet, its dmg, and its hitbox makes no sense.

First 4 are no brainers, rest of the post can be butchered and dismissed like usual.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You must be new here. I think out of this list ruptor lvl1 is the only one I dont see being used. Caster lvl1 isnt that good atm I agree, tho this seems to change from build to build atm due to wookiee changes

theres definitely more of an argument here for level 1 force powers, those rarely get used aside from jump 1 and speed 1

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
The most I see here is an argument for switching the point costs of Lvl 1 and 2 for A280 and T21, considering the level 1 versions for those guns are less useful, generally, than their level 2 mechanics (burst and rapid fire), and maybe shifting the point costs for ruptor from 10/12 to like 6/16 or something, just to incentivize ruptor 1 (which is basically hitscan P1, not a bad gun whatsoever with good aim and doing really nice damage on headshots). Caster 1 has uses in hybrid rage/caster builds since it can still 2 shot Jedi and it effectively lets you push up from range with a better weapon than P1.

I do think EE3 lvl 1 is underused considering that Mando can pretty much always afford a level 2/3 weapon, but if/when more things are added to mando in the future, that point cost will be more attractive with utility builds IMO.

Making all pistols level 2 by default is kinda strange because this only incentivizes the passive nature of charge shots. It's a reasonable and fair point investment for now, and giving every clone/arc a bouncy pistol is a pretty strong balance change.

You must be new here. I think out of this list ruptor lvl1 is the only one I dont see being used. Caster lvl1 isnt that good atm I agree, tho this seems to change from build to build atm due to wookiee changes
You don't see it used because I'm not playing, duh.

But both Caster 1 and EE3 1 are indeed a waste of bytes.

Lee

me and liniyka would have to disagree with t21 lvl 1
Care to post ur build then...? I mean it's hardly fair or proper for 1 party to putup an idea + some degree of evidence and you dismiss it without doing either. You put up something ridiculous and it proves my point. You putup something valid, it breaks my point. Takes 10 seconds to outline the most basic of a build. Do it.

I'll even expand a little here: t21 I said was useful. But I was honestly referring solely to its fall damage reduction ability. This is map and situation dependent tho. Has 0 usage on flat maps. What does 0 usage mean? It means ur an idiot for choosing it over ur other gun options. Does that mean it can't win u the game using it? no. It means ur chances of victory are soooo sooo much higher NOT choosing that lvl 1 weapon.

The idea I would sacrifice a nade or lvl 2/3 t21 or lvl 3 e11 to get it, makes it unviable. I firmly pushback on the usage of e11 lvl 2, I ran builds with it with the old double nade build...it was good. Since the last few patches that's gone, its completely overscoped by the lvl 3 now. The sole exceptions are fringe teamplay builds where u need to maximize nades in conjunction with 1 or more specific user builds.....but solds are arguably better suited unless ur in a map where spawns are way off. It's pretty dang specific conditions.
With respect, I play on NA. And the skill-ceill is alot different on NA than EU. These guns don't exist on NA outside of meme builds with horrible kda. They don't exist in tournament builds either. There's reasons for this. No player topping the leaderboards in NA is running these guns as their main. Period. In the 'woke-devs' quest to simplify the game and raise the floor....removal of useless things is an easy way to do all of this without affecting the ceiling! And I hate it when they do things that lower the ceiling.

Disruptor lvl 1 is the most use of the gun you can get. The charge shot of the disruptor is useless, better off just using it as a insta hit, 100% accurate laser. Get good at headshots and you can ez anyone with it.