Remove/Fix the useless shaking effect on mb2_duel_ihod

There is a weird bug that occurs on this map at random when someone gets flung and slides across the map. Imo this ruins the dueling experience on this map and the shaking effect is just incredibly obnoxious mid duel, thanks.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I just had a look at the source file and I have no idea what would cause this. Theres no target_screenshake, or push entity or anything especially in that area.

I just had a look at the source file and I have no idea what would cause this. Theres no target_screenshake, or push entity or anything especially in that area.
well it also can't be a server issue because I've tested this map on multiple servers and the problem still continues, jamp,linux. I also believe the slide bug occurs when someone dies and their body slides across the map and takes someone in a private duel with them.

Last edited:

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
It's possible that an effect could be causing it? I know effects can have Camera Shake settings applied to them.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It's possible that an effect could be causing it? I know effects can have Camera Shake settings applied to them.

That really should be cosmetic only. Unless something changed by accident those shouldn't be doing anything, and anything in IHOD also shouldnt be RC level severe... this is weird.

This isn't just camera shake. You get moved around if you stand on a certain invisible line and move or die. You can see it when you kill someone on the line. The body will start to push you across the ground. Watch the guy with the purple staff in the exhibit A video.
I thought this bug was readily known. It has been a problem with the map for at least a couple updates now.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Nothing has changed with this map for many years, and this was never an issue before. Further, screen shake does not ever move players. It's purely cosmetic.

Whatever the cause for the player teleports, it has nothing to do with the screen shake.

It jerks the player model side to side as well as push them. Idk how the camera code works, but it may be unrelated. The real issue s the sliding.