Won't fix Release's mbii.i386 compiled 'wrong' way - ''use internal jpeg/png'' is not set during make's configure

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hello Devdies,
MBII's openjk fork is compiled (*again*) using wrong make configure's - namely, the "use internal jpg" and "use internal png" is not set. As a result, anyone on Linux using not (very) outdated system libraries is greeted with "libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

This affects - among others - Debian and Debian-based systems.

The fix is trivial - during configure for make, set the two aforementioned option. It is worth to note that the issues was present in the past, the resolved later on, and returned back again - I suppose either person doing the compile changed, or forgot what should be set there.

Cheers,
/CatLady

PS.
The core issue lies in the 'rd-vanilla-mbii_i386.so' - replacing it with one from older version of MBII (where it was compiled properly) allows to workaround the issue (play on servers, etc) - albeit, I'm not sure if anything wasn't changed to the point that it will result in random and weird behavior.

Ha, this went unnoticed here because it is all using up to date stuff if you are employing libjpeg-turbo which likely still is faster than libjpeg from the IJG.

Good thing you found another workaround for your setup.

To name Debian when speaking of outdated libraries. xD

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
No one as far as i know really looks after MBII Client - it certainly hasn't been updated in a couple of years, the work arounds are known and in some cases desirable.