Reaching for Balance

I hope the Developers find this useful in their search for acceptable balance:

Jedi
  • Pull (Its punishing window is too short. Push is a good example of punishing window.)
  • Pull and Push with 1.5 sec cooldown. (People spam it which destroys balance of the game since PULL highjacks your weapons and PUSH turns you into a sitting duck).
  • Saber range (It might be due to latency that most of us have. I do get that saber functions in the same way like lasers.
E.G: A shoulder popping out of a cover. You hit it with a sniper , and that player is down to 1 HP or dead. I think the same applies to sabers.
E.G: You get scraped by the tip of a saber, and the game calculates it as if you were properly sliced. Hence shortening the saber-range might make it all more balanced).

Mando
  • EE-3 sniper mode damage could be enhanced. It is the weakest, and most unreliable, sniper in the game.
  • FUEL lasts for 57 seconds in total. Could it last for 1:10 min?
  • Ammo. Hero / BH have snipers and blasters. Mando`s EE-3 rifle shares ammo for a regular and sniper mode. Could it have more ammo for like 3-4 more snipes?
  • Could you make a separate button for starting jet-pack?
(It can happen quite often that,when you try to start jet-pack, you can get PULLED or PUSHED since the same button is for JUMP and starting-up jet-pack).

Hero
  • This is only in case DODGE gets removed.
Could Hero Class have a jet-boots like the one that Cad Bane had in "Star Wars: Clone Wars" ?
It would add survivability to Hero Class. (If I understood it correctly. you can get PUSHED during a DASH. I apologize if this proves to be incorrect statement.)
LINK:
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne...wer-HFZ.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110926235137

Upgrade:

• Changing a red-dot for a scope.
I suggest something like this. I hope you can come up with something far more star wars-y in case you dislike the given suggestions.
Links:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....148/2FE5568B17C95E3E78BE6FE1E702D575DDC8B49B/

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/HGHX1H/red-target-cross-hair-HGHX1H.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...VypnN0ffowdtaynWL3pIpEPIE3Gb0DEodwrbeHGlj4A1g

• Movement.
Someone ( I think it was Another White Name) has suggested that reducing player`s movement speed might bring balance to gunners. In case this suggestion is acceptable, I think reducing movement by 10% could be tested and see how it works out.

***NOTE
This Feedback is written from Self-reliant point of view. Some Classes have stronger survivability than the others; therefore, in the hands of veteran players, it might become quite imbalanced game.

/respect /love for the game-developers. Your devotion and knowledge (craft of programming) is appreciated and cherished. I sincerely hope this becomes useful to you during your journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: SK5

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Respect, GoodOl'Ben
I would argue that in general Jedi/Sith have a lower skill ceiling compared to gunners when it comes to general open mode gameplay. Gunners on the other hand sport a very significant early learning curve, but at the highest echelons of MB2 play, they become insanely formidable in the right hands, even bordering unbreakable.

A predictable Jedi/Sith player to me equals 80-90% of players online at any time. The meta of MB2 is very settled and with experience it becomes easy to read. Often times it feels like my Jedi/Sith opponents always play into my pockets, it's just all up to my execution being on point to capitalize. If I lose, it's me not playing at my best or my opponent having an upper hand through skill and previous decisions.

EE3 rewards good accuracy tremendously. As many stated, the damage is amazing. Anyone except a wookiee dies from a headshot. It's not a long-range sniper like the projectile rifle or disruptor, but it is immensely powerful at every other range.

Dash is all about timing, just like many other abilities in this game. Time it when the opponent is slashing, preoccupied and unable to punish.

It is also worth noting that there are situations in this game that are borderline unwinnable and that should be accepted. These unwinnable situations tend to only occur when you've done poor decisions throughout the round. Do not place yourself in a situation where you are fighting a Sith and a SBD at the same time. You won't be able to kill either of them due to their superior durability. Relocate, regroup and retry.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
EE3= There is 50% of chance for a target to survive when it is being hit by EE-3 sniper.
This isn't true, damage calculations aren't that random. EE-3 sniper has 100 base damage (proj is 150 and M5 sniper is 47 for comparison). This is multiplied by 0.6 for a hit below the waist, 1.3 above the waist, or 3.0 for head/neck. A headshot will one shot anything except a wook. A chest shot will heavily wound a high armor target, and usually instantly kill a less well armored one. Even a proj chest shot can be survived by a high armor target (full armor ARCs/mandos and full armor BHs can survive a proj chest shot).

There's nothing remotely weak or unreliable about the EE-3, it's one of the strongest guns in the game. The EE-3 sniper is basically a proj that can shoot twice before reloading at the cost of slower travel time and less damage. This makes it less useful at long range than a proj, but far more useful than proj at mid or even close range. Considering mandos have very high mobility, this makes EE-3 an extremely dangerous weapon.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Separate button for jetpack activation is something that was discussed many times and I believe it's only a matter of time before it's implemented. Tbh, it should have been here since day one.

This isn't true, damage calculations aren't that random. EE-3 sniper has 100 base damage (proj is 150 and M5 sniper is 47 for comparison). This is multiplied by 0.6 for a hit below the waist, 1.3 above the waist, or 3.0 for head/neck. A headshot will one shot anything except a wook.

Eh, that's not true. I've had situations where I'd get an easy headshot off on a clone running in a straight line on a map like tradefed, in the hangar, and he'd live. Granted, he'd die in one shot from p1 afterwards, but that's not the point. An EE-3 sniper headshot on anything that's not a wook isn't always fatal.

Keep in mind, I'm not arguing that EE-3 isn't unbalanced, because it is, I'm simply pointing out that your statement is only half right. EE-3 pretty much cripples anything it hits, but it only ever seems to actually kill somebody at full health 1/2 the time.

IIRC shield does not suffer from hit multipliers. So a 100 dmg shot to a 80/80 clone basically removes 80 damage from the shot and the remaining 20 damage gets multiplied based on where you landed the shot.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Eh, that's not true. I've had situations where I'd get an easy headshot off on a clone running in a straight line on a map like tradefed, in the hangar, and he'd live. Granted, he'd die in one shot from p1 afterwards, but that's not the point. An EE-3 sniper headshot on anything that's not a wook isn't always fatal.
That's probably not supposed to happen but I totally believe you that it does.

Just today I got sniped in the head with a proj shot as a 100/80 BH and lived with 2hp. That's definitely not supposed to be possible. Maybe there's something funky going on with head hit detection and some head shots are registering as torso shots.

IIRC shield does not suffer from hit multipliers. So a 100 dmg shot to a 80/80 clone basically removes 80 damage from the shot and the remaining 20 damage gets multiplied based on where you landed the shot.
I wish how armor worked was actually properly documented somewhere publicly instead of having to dig through multiple ancient forum posts to figure out how it works. >_>

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
That's probably not supposed to happen but I totally believe you that it does.

Just today I got sniped in the head with a proj shot as a 100/80 BH and lived with 2hp. That's definitely not supposed to be possible. Maybe there's something funky going on with head hit detection and some head shots are registering as torso shots.

I wish how armor worked was actually properly documented somewhere publicly instead of having to dig through multiple ancient forum posts to figure out how it works. >_>

I know for a fact that there is damage variation and inconsistency. The way I believe armor works (as it was explained to me in the code) is it subtracts 2 damage for every 1 point of armor, effectively halving damage for how much armor you have.

So basically if you land a shot on an 80/80 Clone, and let's say there is a 2x multiplier, that would be 200 damage, which should theoretically kill the Clone. However the armor subtracts 160 damage before it deals damage to the Clone's HP.

Incidentally, some classes have damage resistance, which I'm not sure if it affects armor or not. However, Wookiees are even tankier than armor, because I believe it subtracts 60% (not sure on exact value) of all damage for all of its HP.

Mando
  • EE-3 sniper mode damage could be enhanced. It is the weakest, and most unreliable, sniper in the game.
  • FUEL lasts for 57 seconds in total. Could it last for 1:10 min?
  • Ammo. Hero / BH have snipers and blasters. Mando`s EE-3 rifle shares ammo for a regular and sniper mode. Could it have more ammo for like 3-4 more snipes?
  • Could you make a separate button for starting jet-pack?
(It can happen quite often that,when you try to start jet-pack, you can get PULLED or PUSHED since the same button is for JUMP and starting-up jet-pack).
IM SORRY WAT?

EE-3 is one of the most volatile guns ever. It can 1 shot most if not every class excluding the wookie. Even if you get a bodyshot on a hero they have like 4 health left.

Fuel lasts for 1/5 of the whole round... is that not enough 'running away' time for you?

The ammo is perfect. Mandos shouldn't have enough ammo to snipe the whole enemy team 5 times over.

I disagree with the jetpack. The weakness of a mandovjedi is having to 'jump' to get his pack to work, allowing a small window for the jedi to push/pull him. You can't just expect mandos to run away every single time until they run out of fuel. Especially '1:10' minutes worth.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Oh boy.

snippet said:
No. Just no. Most of the proper reasons for why have already been stated. EE3 can 1shot most classes and then have a large number of shots after if you toggle out of sniper mode. Proj gets 1 shot and or bust. It doesn't need to be buffed at all.

snippet said:
It can happen quite often that,when you try to start jet-pack, you can get PULLED or PUSHED since the same button is for JUMP and starting-up jet-pack
This is intentional and also a balance for the insane mobility jetpack has. If someone can predict when you're going to try to fly, they have a chance to knock you down. It would be silly if you could just instantly lift off and such.

snippet said:
This is true if we refer to a predictable player (a new player).
Most people want to win , therefore, they will do all it takes to win including abusing game-mechanics. That tip of the saber is what lands the most of kills when fighting an experienced gunner.
Ben already commented pretty much spot on for this. It's not abusing anything. The saber has a range and if you're in it during a swing, it hits you.

snippet said:
Gunner`s main self-defense against a saber-wielder is maintaining a distance.
Not really. IIRC gunner needs to maintain a "healthy" distance for IDR (increased drain range)
Correct. Closer = higher FP drains.

However, Wookiees are even tankier than armor, because I believe it subtracts 60% (not sure on exact value) of all damage for all of its HP.
They're only tankier when using rage mode. IIRC they actually take more damage in the cooldown period.