Quinlan Vos

Hello, it bothers me that when I play as Quinlan Vos, one of his taunts is some kind of hilarious aborigine singing. I would like to know why he does that and what it originates from.

Cuz the guy who did the taunts was racist.

Native American Tribal Song. Vos is the jedi equivalent.

Also, racism.

Cuz the guy who did the taunts was racist.

Native American Tribal Song. Vos is the jedi equivalent.

Also, racism.
Yeah, I think the reason is that he looks like an American indian. I would still like to know where to find the exact "singing" (and there's two of them).

I like how this is now the official Quinlan thread.
Can't find any of his taunts from official/canon material. Even his voice is a joke in the game.

And yeah, I have no idea why they didn't use his voice from TCW or something. I guess there weren't any good lines. I'm a pretty big fan of his tribal tunes though.

Tribal tunes + mindtrick = fun

Scerendo

Steady Eddy
Movie Battles II Team
I made a version of Quinlan Vos last year, which uses soundclips from the TCW Show.

Unfortunately at the moment, the model itself is somewhat unoptimized for use in MovieBattes II.

However, I have started reoptimising the mesh to be usable, so it is definitely in the pipeline.

And yes I agree, the original taunts were hilariously weird and poor choice, I have no idea where they were found - but I guess when the Original author made the model back in like what 2006? There were no real references for his voice.

Last edited:
People said that was the model author shoving his own voice on the character which is why he sounds Indian than native American.

The song and dance taunt is hilarious though, I hope that stays in.

Last edited:
I thought Lindsey had something to do with it.

That guy everyone used to confuse for a girl before sharing a pic of a bearded lady...:)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
People said that was the model author shoving his own voice on the character which is why he sounds Indian than native American.

The song and dance taunt is hilarious though, I hope that stays in.
I always thought he's from Jamaica. For me, he looked and sounded like he was Bob Marley.