Questions about creating and releasing FAs

It's finally time for me to do it, with a big MB2 update incoming and my interest in the game at its highest in years, i want to try and finally release FAs
for the mod ! yes, full authentic scenarios you'll be able to play on your favourite maps, with exclusive class and characters you'll find nowhere else !

But first, i need help : i know i can't just upload a .pk3 file and expect people to come rushing in, i probably need permissions and other stuff.
I already asked questions like these years ago, but it was in the old forum and i forgot ...beside, things might have changed.

so here's a list of things i need to know :

-Do i need permission to release FA based on Official MB2 map ?
simple enough, can i do it directly or should i ask the map maker and/or mod author ? i plan on using mostly popular maps, like lunarbase, dotf ...

-Can i use ported models ?

important question, since i plan on using a large array of models i ported and frankenstein'd myself . Keep in mind it won't be an official MB2 release, and i plan on crediting everyone.

-How can i get people to play my FAs ?

i know i'll have to upload a file or two and make sure people can download them, but i'll also need a server. i'm ready to pay for that, but i don't exactly know where to find good server hosts for MB2 ...

-Do people even want new FAs these day ?
it seems to me people are more interested in Open or even Duels, but is it because our actual FA selection is not interesting enough , or just because people don't like FAs anymore?

-Is there other things i need to know for releasing FA ?

I tried to think about everything and put it in order of importance here, but i may have forgotten things ...

Yeah, really got a feeling of déja-vu with these questions, but this time it's for real... i've already gathered so many assets, imagined so many class ideas ... I also have to do it while my motivation is here !

Thanks a lot if you answer any of my question and for reading all this text (which is, a lot of text..) I'll probably have more question as the time goes on, but i can't continue without knowing these things ...

Upvote 0