•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Question about FPS

What is the difference between having them capping and uncapping? What its better to run the game?

I dont know where to put this question so soz if this isnt the right site

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Cap your FPS at the max to 120 (60 seems to work better IMO). I don't know the exact reasons but I'm sure someone else can tell you why.

Waste of resources, your pc bleeds and the human eye can't perceive past 60 or 90.
And mb or any game for that matter, looks a lot different if you take 10 steps back and look at the monitor while someone else is playing.
Looks fucking smoother than when you're actually playing. Illusion and point of focus.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
There are many benefits and disadvantages to capping your FPS. Capping your FPS saves energy and resources on your computer. Keep in mind however that it is not vsync and will not prevent screen tearing. Capping your FPS is best used when you are on a laptop, a computer that overheats easily, or a computer that is lacking proper cooling.
Capping your framerate can have a few benefits:
  • Heat reduction
  • Energy reduction (won't fry your laptops battery)
  • Decreased noise (Fans aren't working as hard.)
If you have a solid build that has sufficient cooling, you don't need to worry about it. However if you are on a laptop, I would highly suggest that you do cap the frames to your monitors refresh rate.