Puppytine's farewell: Episode III

Keeping in mind all pros and cons, what decision is best for Movie Battles II?

• Ban Puppytine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Infraction: Spamming
"Brits leave without saying goodbye, Jews say goodbye without leaving"

This is the continue of Puppytine's farewell: Episode II
The lack of a rational poll (which would be: Edgy Memes? Answers: Yes,No, What?) got me thinking. What is it this fellow poster is trying to do?
The poll is absolutely rational. I just got the point, eliminating all intermediate bs.
Developers had a choice, and they still have it now, they either have to allow edgy memes, or ban me for posting them. This is what the bottom line is.
It seems they chose to get rid of me, and this is a very poor choice, just an insanity I'm afraid to say, basing on all those rational and logical arguments I brought up.
Okay, @Puppytine before you go any further please don't quote me anymore on this 'discussion'
But I want to respond to your arguments.
The devs DID, privately, have a long and thought out discussion on whether to set up a hidden forum, however collectively they made a decision not to.
Maybe they did. Or they didn't. Who knows. But anyway, keeping that discussion secret, not explaining everything is yet another sign of disrespect that developers have towards their community.
I still believe that decision was a mistake but you've just got to deal with it and move on, mate.
Yeah, this your sentence is huge problem for me.
If that decision is a mistake, how the hell am I supposed "to deal with it and move on"?! I cannot tolerate such a travesty of justice.
I think it's been made very clear that the votes you're referring to are not the majority of the community.
lol, the votes I'm referring to ARE the majority of the community. My polls show it very clear. Only a few members voted against memes.
the rules were agreed upon by the devs who wrote them, and ultimately it is up to them.
Yet another absolutely wrong statement.
The rules are supposed to be agreed not only upon by the devs, but upon by the whole community. Otherwise is a dictatorship.
It's just a hilarious arrogance to keep the community away from making the rules, to impose new rules as a fait accompli.
MBII team was supposed to publish a draft of new rules, and then discuss and change that draft until it's voted by the community.

Fletcher Time, basing on your replies, I'm making an assumption that you are kind of a person who respect the authority just because it's the authority, that you think it's better to stay silent and execute decisions made by somebody who are above you, even if those decisions are wrong.

I have to state that I'm completely different. I'm neutral about hierarchy, money, property, power etc. I just don't care.
I care only about actual reasons, arguments, pros and cons, everything that is rational and not related to personal feelings of anybody.
I can't understand why anybody is able to take "might makes right" idiom seriously in 2017.

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it"
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
Your situation is completely different. This affects a very small proportion of the community, a community that is not a national government, but is a group of people who have common interest in a video game. Come on man.
Come on man, it's just a different scale. Do you know what "scale" mean? Have you sever seen "Mythbusters"? They perform experiments on small-scale all the time.
I'm sure Spanish government already brought some similar (and absolutely pointless) "arguments" why brutally beating their own citizens in Spanish inquisition style has nothing to do with Tiananmen Square events.
By your logic, a child throwing a tantrum in a store because he didn't get a toy he wanted is the same as Gandhi's civil disobedience.
It's not the same because of at least two reasons:
  1. "Throwing a tantrum", which is some kind of unreasonable anger and ill temper isn't equal to the "civil disobedience", which is something well thought out, based on logical and valid reasons (btw "civil disobedience" is exactly what I'm doing).
  2. "Getting a toy", in general, isn't that you have a moral right to demand.
If you were so "fearful" of the admins banning you permanently, why did you re-post the same memes they removed and gave you strikes for. It was clearly your intent to get banned by doing that.
That's frustrating =\
Did you already forget all those things I posted before? I re-post the same memes because I feel I have a right to post them.
The new rules aren't valid by many reasons, mainly because they weren't voted/approved by the community, and because they contradict with older precedents.
And those exact memes didn't even violate the rules. I was banned for no reason.

"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law"
Seriously, is Meme Battles not enough for you? You have all the freedom to show your memes to the people who want to see them, and the people who don't, aren't there. Why does this need to be a huge multi-thread?
I already said that Discord and the forums aren't interchangeable.
No, I DO NOT have all the freedom to show my memes to the people who want to see them, NOT EVERYBODY joined Meme Battles.
The most notable example is Damn Polak, who gave this feedback:

"discord for sharing funny pictures is the worst platform imaginable
here on mbtoo forums we have split content into posts and pages
on discord all you get is infinite scroll, it's bullshit

imo censoring memes on offtopic threads is bs too
who are you to decide which memes are too edgy? especially in these dark times we live in, where dank memes and edgy content is the thing
it's not like anybody was posting gore or nudity (i mean i did once, but it was removed anyway so i guess sometimes it's okay)

PLS REOPEN THE OLD FUNNY PICTURES THREAD

edit:
>first they take away the likes from offtopic, so you can't use "everyone likes these memes" argument
>then they press the boundaries of what's acceptable
what's the next step of their master plan?

also, what's the reason? it's not like anyone would report mb2 forums for hate speech or something"

=================

Fletcher Time, please do some research before you post replies. Check the facts, otherwise some of your statements will look like fake news.
Please don't start threads purely to start unrest.
"Unrest"?! Seriuosly? Do you even know what "unrest" is?
It were "starting unrest" only if would encourage people to spam random threads, but I didn't. All I did is keeping civilized discussion about serious matters up.
Please don't call "unrest" things those are not unrest.

btw, "A riot is the language of the unheard".
Please don't pick fights with other members of the forum (Cat Lady).
I didn't try picking fights with anybody.
I still insist that behavior of that team's member was inappropriate, and that MBII team have to make an official statement about the things he said.
You say you try to mimic other (professional) game communities/forums, so be consistent, please.
Please don't reopen locked threads (your previous thread was locked, it's not acceptable to make a new thread purely to quote the old one).
Please don't post threads in the wrong section (this is Airlock, you are neither leaving nor saying goodbye).
I want to continue those discussions.
People replied to my threads, making their points. I have my points as well.
Please don't restrict people from discussing things they want to talk about.

as ive said before i dont want puppytime to leave/get banned.
hes a gem to the community at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.