Pistol 3 balance

I've been using it for a while now, playing against it too, can't help but notice that it's a little too easy to score frags with, compared to E11 (which is more expensive too). As long as you can aim just a little bit (pair that with perfect running accuracy :D) 1v1'ing any opponent (excluding deka, including even wookiee) is very easy due to enormous damage.

So I'd suggest a simple balance change;

1. Bring down basic damage a bit, hopefully to even out the chances a bit when it comes to a 1v1 - pistol 3 vs e11 3.

2. In exchange bring back secondary charge mode, just for pistol level 3 (just like with bowcaster 3 alternate fire right now). Killing stuff with this would require more careful aiming than just holding down mouse1 and getting that -60hp shot from time to time. IIRC before pistol changes P3 fully charged had around 400 base dmg(?). Might want to test it out though, considering faster projectiles now.

Side note: I wish pistol 2 charge was brought back too, I was always a fan of slow, high damage weapons, and soldier/et lack that right now. Dual shot seems essentially useless in most situations for me, as damage per second seems pretty close anyway. It might just be my preference though :p

TLDR; pistol 3 - lower normal shot dmg, bring back charged shots
+skill
+fun
-spam

Will never happen, its too much of a crutch for people to accept that it needs a nerf, just like loldash.

Well, you can't really spam corners with it like you can with E11, and it's not as effective against jedi/sith due to lower RoF... But I have to agree, these shots hit a bit too hard, considering they are always 100% accurate.

Cow

Donator
I agree with bringing back charged shots, idk why they r gone at all, I would propose just making the bullets on pistol 3 smaller, they r gigantic, no wonder its easy to hit

I found it better actually, I think it drains a lot more fp
Oh yes, it absolutely annihilates enemy's FP reserves if you hit them while they are running/jumping. But for me personally it's much better to chip away on their FP with E11's primary fire, and when they go on offense flinch the hell out of them with secondary fire.

I don't like to use pistol vs force users since you can't put constant pressure on them like you can with E11 (due to mag size and total ammo pool). Altho you can place some pretty sick headshots if you use p3 + dash on hero and manage to bait sith into swinging at you.

Just make the projectile smaller so you can't hit stuff as easily.
E-11 is superior in close range anyway. People who rock E-11s and engage pistols in long range (in other words, doing a wrong tactical move) shouldn't say anything about it's balance.

Additionally, pistol users can't hit even half as well if you read their rate of fire and move whenever they fire. It's just rhythm. If they want to hit you at that point they'll have to fire shots at a lower rate of fire.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Yeah but now flinch makes higher rate of fire weapons superior.

Wow, I feel like... some time during the beta... I said something about Flinch, and rate of fire... almost like Clone CR3 would benefit the most from it... but people told me I didn't know what I was talking about...

I'd say it feels good to be right, but in this case, I'd rather be wrong, and have 1.4 go back to hell.

You could;

Lower the rate of fire
Make it six in the chamber (i.e, six shots before reloading) or something less drastic
Increase the reload time a little
Compensate the lower rate of fire with a slight increase to FP drain

The pistol doesn't particularly encourage good aim when it can be fired for a moderate amount of time with a reasonably quick reload. The damage and accuracy are the defining characteristics of what I assume is intended to be a 'hand cannon', and don't think these should be altered. The pistol should be most effective in short encounters and reward good aim by the player by granting quick, clean kills. It should not, however, be effective in a long, sustained fight which is where the higher rate of fire, higher capacity guns should take precedence.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
lower the rate of fire
Make it six in the chamber (i.e, six shots before reloading) or something less drastic
Increase the reload time a little

MB2 now a cowboy shooter