Over the shoulder Camera Fix

Note: Most of this is code talk, so mostly only people who have messed with JKA/JK2 code will understand what I am talking about, for the others, just look at the image I uploaded xD.

Most of us know about that buggy, weird angled, over the shoulder cam that MB2 has. Well, while messing with JK2's camera code, I found a REAL solution to the problem. The offset is in the wrong place, for one. First, you create a camera right vector, since Raven only made forward and up and you will need this. You'll set that camera right vector in the same place where Raven did the other two ( replacing a NULL ), then you'll want to do the horizontal offset in the Ideal View Target code using that right vector. Reason why is that the game calculates that first, then does Ideal View Location by backing away from the target. Remove the awful temp horizontal code, and that should be it. The result is what is in the image I uploaded, and NOT what MB2 currently does.
This fixed version would actually make the alternative camera useful, instead of just being there. If anyone needs code examples/snippets instead of my, possibly too awful, explaining, just say so. I don't see any reason not to do this, other than to keep those over the shoulder cams buggy...
shot0001.jpg

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Wait, people actually use this feature? I'm not ashamed to say I didn't even know about it until last year.

Your screenshot does look more interesting than what we have though. Also:

I don't see any reason not to do this, other than to keep those over the shoulder cams buggy...
That's not how volunteer development works.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm pretty sure that no one is over-sensitive enough to NOT appreciate you coding actual solution, without need for additional sugar-coating. Anyway, at least I always take code fixes without sugar-coat over sugar-coat without actual code ;) So yes, I also think that there is no real reason for not implementing fix provided by volunteer, as long as the fix works as intended, doesn't create new bugs, etc.

Cheers,
/Cat Lady