•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue OpenAL32 cannot be found

Sorry for asking for help again, but every time I try to click "play" on the launcher it says, and I quote:
"The program can't start because OpenAL32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
Idk what to do. Does anyone else?
BTW I'm playing from the disc version on Windows 7.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Did you try reinstalling...? I mean it gives you the solution right there. If you do reinstall, and you don't have OpenAL32.dll in your GameData folder your discs are probably corrupt.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
disc version
loading speed
I don't understand, you are supposed to reinstall Jedi Academy, not Movie Battles. And since you have a disk copy, you shouldn't download anything, you need to reinstall it from the disk.

btw even if you would need reinstall mb2, it's not necessary to download a lot, just use "Repair installation" in MBII Launcher.

btw2: doesn't JA single playing not working with same message? Because it should...

I don't understand, you are supposed to reinstall Jedi Academy, not Movie Battles. And since you have a disk copy, you shouldn't download anything, you need to reinstall it from the disk.

btw even if you would need reinstall mb2, it's not necessary to download a lot, just use "Repair installation" in MBII Launcher.

btw2: doesn't JA single playing not working with same message? Because it should...
Oh... lol guess I just wasted my time then

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I tried re-installing, but it didn't work...
Then your discs may be corrupt. You can try and find the file online, but I wouldn't recommend downloading something as sensitive as a dll file from the internet unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

The other option is to buy another set of the discs (good luck finding an online retailer that has them available), or buy the game from GOG.com or Steam.

Then your discs may be corrupt. You can try and find the file online, but I wouldn't recommend downloading something as sensitive as a dll file from the internet unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

The other option is to buy another set of the discs (good luck finding an online retailer that has them available), or buy the game from GOG.com or Steam.
I meant MBII, still trying to uninstall JA

Supa

The Serial Stacker
It'll prompt you if you want to delete save data and config files when you uninstall it.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Would like to, but I don't have my own computer and I don't know if I can trust those sites.
I use this service to check all small enough executables that came on my machine:
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
But since this is not your computer I understand you have a valid reason to play safe.

Still you can try to copy file from a disk, it's trusted source anyway. It would work if you have distribution on CD as bunch of folders and files, not a single blob.

Also you can try search this file somewhere on your hard drive, some other game could have it.
If I uninstall the game, will it delete all of my single player progress and mods as well?
Maybe it's possible to reinstall it without uninstall? Maybe there is even "Repair" installation option?

I would move MBII folder from Jedi Academy\GameData to some unrelated directory and move it back after reinstalling Jedi Academy if I were you.
Also you should move JediAcademy\GameData\base\saves and all *.cfg files to some save place.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I cleaned it and the download went from %6 to %37... I think so, I could be wrong
If you physically cleaned you CD and the error is gone it means your disk could become completely unreadable in future. Maybe you should create a copy of that CD.
Also it means if you get new errors during installation you can try to clean it once more.