Old MBII RP Video from 2007

Hey guys I wanted to share this from back in 07. Was going through my videos and it brought back memories. Enjoy. It was on youtube originally but it's blocked for Star Wars music :|
Also you can skip the council scene and go straight to the action.

Remember when voice chat worked like it does in the video?

maybe he is i have a very flabby chest

Weird it works for me?

Edit: My bad apparently it wasn't published, newb mistake.

Darth that was an awesome video btw, RP is the reason why time limits should be removed on some game modes

maybe he is i have a very flabby chest

Darth that was an awesome video btw, RP is the reason why time limits should be removed on some game modes

Thank you Golvan. I did queue up the idea with LoU, maybe the dev team could consider changing the time limit to 30 minutes on FA (And only FA) which would open up more mapping possibilities and it might allow for alternative play styles for server hosts. FA was conducive to RP.

Note: Seriously what about the voice chats... and how they were used? That functionality is completely missing now. Before Shao released a voice chat pack and I also worked on one. I still have all the files... Do you see how everyone knew their voice chats and used them appropriately? So much more immersion and fun, definitely a plus to MBII that other mods never had.

"I have a bad feeling about this"

"Someone is close"

The master talks to the padawan about being careful.
Young Obiwan Skin "What happens to one of you will affect the other"
Anakin padawan skin "Yes Master of course"

These players were actually pretty good video game actors, they did an awesome job. I was camera man so someone played my character in the council meeting. Everyone knew the ~24ish lines they had available to them and when it was appropriate to use.

Last edited:
Thank you Golvan. I did queue up the idea with LoU, maybe the dev team could consider changing the time limit to 30 minutes on FA (And only FA) which would open up more mapping possibilities and it might allow for alternative play styles for server hosts. FA was conducive to RP.

Note: Seriously what about the voice chats... and how they were used? That functionality is completely missing now. Before Shao released a voice chat pack and I also worked on one. I still have all the files... Do you see how everyone knew their voice chats and used them appropriately? So much more immersion and fun, definitely a plus to MBII that other mods never had.

"I have a bad feeling about this"

"Someone is close"

The master talks to the padawan about being careful.
Young Obiwan Skin "What happens to one of you will affect the other"
Anakin padawan skin "Yes Master of course"

These players were actually pretty good video game actors, they did an awesome job. I was camera man so someone played my character in the council meeting. Everyone knew the ~24ish lines they had available to them and when it was appropriate to use.

I would welcome a return to this. People rarely use voice commands as intended anyway, instead they spam 'I need a medic' and 'Charge' over and over.

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Wheesh those Hoth tunnels, forgot how much of an eye sore they were back in the day XD

Where are all these good clans :'(

There there organic.. if all you see are pathetic clans, it's most likely because all organics are pathetic.
Welcome to reality.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wheesh those Hoth tunnels, forgot how much of an eye sore they were back in the day XD
Lindsey, glad to see you still around! You know I think its worse that at that time h264 wasn't as common and it's an old AVI. Sure it's ugly but probably affected most by the terrible AVI quality... Wish I still had the replays and I could redo it... Still that was a fun-ish map! It certainly worked well into the RP.