Non-Official Clan of the Year Awards 2018 (Nominations)

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
QJwAPKZ.png

Movie Battles has been around for many years, and has thus spawned a very small, but unique fan base. Because of this many clans and small groups have emerged from the players who have stayed around long enough to form similar interests with each other. Some of the clans are focused on dueling, some on competitive or team play, and some are just social groups for meeting new people. Either way, every clan is welcome to participate in the clan awards. This is an event to help promote and expand the best clans around, whether your opinion is based on skill or on the community. I do plan on having having other people and/or clans host future clan awards if this one is successful. Though I can't offer much, the winner of this years Clan Awards will get an entire page to themselves on the host's (FTG) website. This page can be anything you would like as long as it follows the FTG community guide lines. A page will also be created to show the winners of each year if this succeeds. The winners will be voted on by the community (your vote will be anonymous). FTG will not be allowed to enter or be nominated.

Categories
Cult Award: For a clan who's numbers are not only large, but who's members are the most loyal.
Dark Saber Award: For the clan with the best saber skills.
Brothers in Arms Award: For the clan who works best as a team.
Noob Friendly Award: For the clan friendliest to new players.
Superior Firepower Award: For the clan with the best gun/explosive skills.
Logan Paul Award: For a clan with the most interesting drama.
Web Design Award: For the clan with the best website.
Shit-Starter Award: For the clan with the most trolls, or who does the most "trolling"

Category suggestions are 100% welcome and encouraged! If you don't like a category, or want one added, let me know!
PLEASE UPDATE NOMINATIONS WITH CATEGORIES!

Rules:

1. Must have a member count of at least 10.
  2. Must have EITHER a website, a server, or a Discord community.
  3. Must be active.
A clan can be nominated more than once, and can be nominated by anyone, or the same person more than once, but to be accepted and to participate in race, the leader(s) or an approved representative must accept the nomination. The results of the nominations will be processed and the voting process will start in approximately one month (3/1/18).

Nomination Template:
Clan/Group Name:
Category(ies):
Clan/Group Website/Server/Discord:
Short Reason for Nomination:​

That should conclude all the information about the awards. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Let's keep this as civil as possible, and may the best clan win!

Edit: This is the first time this has been done. It is expected that things will be rocky, and that's why this post was made. Hopefully we can tweak this till it is something that people will enjoy doing. Do to the concern from a couple people (not just the loquacious ones!), The post has been updated a little bit. Please note that if you don't want to participate, you shouldn't! This is just for fun and by no means should you feel obligated to participate. I understand that people are concerned because numbers could be a big issue in deciding the winner. I was wrong to assume that it would still work and therefore I made some changes.

Last edited:

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Looks nice but I can imagine clans with a shit ton of players winning just because of numbers
That was one of the issues I was thinking of when writing it. I guess we can just see how it goes. I'll try to think of a counter to the number issue tonight.

Clan/Group Name: CB
Clan/Group Website/Server/Discord: idk
Short Reason for Nomination: another shitty reincarnation of GAR, making this the obvious choice :)

Clan/Group Name: I non nom tR
Clan/Group Website/Server/Discord: I don't feel like getting it riiiip
Short Reason for Nomination: best NA competitive group rn- best NA server
WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Clan/Group Name: Mandalorian Armed Forces
Clan/Group Website/Server/Discord: They keep it secret, so I don't know if they'd want me giving it out.
Short Reason for Nomination: Overwhelming kindness and support of new players, has yet to allow Fear into its ranks.

Clan/Group Name: BG (The Blue Green team)
Categories: All of them. Yes, we are THAT good.
Clan/Group Website/Server/Discord: Home | {BG} Team Forums
Short Reason for Nomination: BG is truly the best team around with the most populated servers and greatest team members. We have it all: laggy servers, abusive admins, incompetent leadership, nonsensical rules and inactive main roster. We are the best not only in EU, but indeed all over the world. Heil BG!

Last edited:
This is so annoying. Who was it that decided you were gonna be the ones hosting this. I guess "Non-official" means you just woke up one morning and thought of this stupid idea.
the winner of this years Clan Awards will get an entire page to themselves on the host's (FTG) website.
An entire page? Holy shit! Your website looks dreadful. What clan would want to be featured on a website looking like this:
e654a6e95b665a8ada9c47f30b104a2c.png

And it's not even about the fact that it's Proboards or the ads (BG is Proboards and it looks great). It's the fact that you couldn't even put effort into trying to match the website's colour scheme to your clan logo or the fact that website background is a fucking film production photo for a magazine.
The winners will be voted on by the community (your vote will be anonymous)
Yeah, doesn't sound like a popularity contest at all.
I do plan on having having other people and/or clans host future clan awards if this one is successful.
But you don't get to decide this men) Since it's "Non-official", it means anyone can host another popularity awards contest tomorrow.

O7ScvTw.gif

[moderator message] No need to get salty, you're free to participate or not.
Except there was no effort put into this whatsoever. Why were there no nomination categories setup beforehand? Is there just one category, "Bestest clan"? The participants have to make their own reasons for a nomination because the host has no idea what the clans are about.

Wait can I nominate my own clan or does it need to be someone outside of it nominating it? And is it 1 nomination per person?

EDIT: Nvm, figured it was a stupid question.

Clan/Group Name: Jedi Order Academy
Clan/Group Website/Server/Discord: Ya they got fun discord and a great forum.
Short Reason for Nomination: Best duelists, most are decent fun people to hang around and play with. Also most populated EU duel server, along with TIN duel xD
Category: Dark Saber Award

Last edited:

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I’m editing the post when I get home with some changes. This is the first time this is being done, so things may need to be tweaked even further in the future.