•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue No Sound

Not sure why but as of recently MB2 has failed to produce any sound effects, voices, and music for me. I wasn't sure if this was a cause due to other mods I've placed into either the gamedata or base folder. After removing what I thought may have caused the issue I still couldn't get any sound out of the game. Out of curiosity I attempted to load MB2 from vanilla MP and tried running the JAMP engine located in the MB2 launcher settings and got sound from both of those (I run the game off of the MB2 client). I'm also able to hear everything perfectly when running standard MP, SP, and JAEnhanced/Open JK. I figured my last effort would be trying to use the EAX sound settings found in the options and that seemed to work, until I got into the server and the game crashed immediately (this has always been a problem with me with EAX). If anyone else has experienced this problem and or could help me figure out what I can do that would be great. I tried using the JAMP engine but for some reason the sensitivity isn't the same for me as opposed to when I use the MB2 client, so I'd rather run it off of that.

If it helps I'm using a Windows 10 and have the game installed through physical CD.

Thanks

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Unsure of what specifically would be causing this, but the first step I'd try is a fresh config. Find openjk.cfg in the MBII folder and move it somewhere else or rename it temporarily. Then start MBII/openjk again from the launcher and see what happens.

If it works then there's some setting in the original config causing the issue. If it doesn't then something on your system has changed to break sounds (but only for MBII's build of OpenJK.... which is rather odd).

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Did you install another version of OpenJK? The only thing I can think of is something from that is conflicting, probably a DLL.

Move all the loose files (non-folders) you can find inside the GameData folder somewhere else, run an integrity check from Steam to restore the missing files from the original game, then run a repair from the launcher's settings to restore the files MBII puts in GameData (or just close and reopen it, it will probably prompt to redownload if stuff is missing).