Newbies opinion

I was drawn to MB2 for the community and duelling gameplay. I'm from AU and play the EU servers because they're more populated at night. There are some toxic people who'll cry over stupid shit though, like using special attacks or whatever? Which so far I haven't seen anything at all of a similar nature on the AU servers. Is this just a small minority of people? You'd have to have a pretty boring life to get upset over a Star Wars game of all things. It's only the EU servers that seem to have that hint of toxicity in them, which is disappointing because it deters new players from getting into the game properly, seeing they're the most popular.

Eazy E

Banned
I was drawn to MB2 for the community and duelling gameplay. I'm from AU and play the EU servers because they're more populated at night. There are some toxic people who'll cry over stupid shit though, like using special attacks or whatever? Which so far I haven't seen anything at all of a similar nature on the AU servers. Is this just a small minority of people? You'd have to have a pretty boring life to get upset over a Star Wars game of all things. It's only the EU servers that seem to have that hint of toxicity in them, which is disappointing because it deters new players from getting into the game properly, seeing they're the most popular.
The EU Player woke up groggy next to his 6 pack of empty Mountain Dew cans. He lifted his 400 pound frame off his bed wondering how many women he’d be able to harass on MB2 today when just then he remembered: today was the day. Today was the day he would finally get a chance to debate Shit tier sheep and slay their god in heaven. Excitedly, he got on his disability scooter and then into his X34 Landspeeder. He drove to his PC, scoffing every time he saw a white name and made sure to situate his fedora before he got out, parking in between two disability slots. When he entered, he got his PB Hax, and awaiting gamestate he thought "Sentinel Duel, the last enlightened place on Earth, will finally give me the attention I deserve and recognize me for my intelligence.” He entered the map where the shit tiers were running and spamming DFA. A cultist was standing next to them trying to recruit them. “This is it,” he thought, “this is where I own those shit tiers and achieve victory.” He boldly walked right next to the white name's side and just as the Cultist said “may Ragnos bless your soul,” he backwhacked them. The admin looked on him in shock, opening his mouth. “Yet another victory” he said, looking at everyone who were stricken with faces of horror. “I’m sure they’ve finally realized they're shit.” He opened the MB2 forums, excited by the prospect of the likes he was going to get by posting the video he took on Community Discussion.

The EU Player woke up groggy next to his 6 pack of empty Mountain Dew cans. He lifted his 400 pound frame off his bed wondering how many women he’d be able to harass on MB2 today when just then he remembered: today was the day. Today was the day he would finally get a chance to debate Shit tier sheep and slay their god in heaven. Excitedly, he got on his disability scooter and then into his X34 Landspeeder. He drove to his PC, scoffing every time he saw a white name and made sure to situate his fedora before he got out, parking in between two disability slots. When he entered, he got his PB Hax, and awaiting gamestate he thought "Sentinel Duel, the last enlightened place on Earth, will finally give me the attention I deserve and recognize me for my intelligence.” He entered the map where the shit tiers were running and spamming DFA. A cultist was standing next to them trying to recruit them. “This is it,” he thought, “this is where I own those shit tiers and achieve victory.” He boldly walked right next to the white name's side and just as the Cultist said “may Ragnos bless your soul,” he backwhacked them. The admin looked on him in shock, opening his mouth. “Yet another victory” he said, looking at everyone who were stricken with faces of horror. “I’m sure they’ve finally realized they're shit.” He opened the MB2 forums, excited by the prospect of the likes he was going to get by posting the video he took on Community Discussion.
What's your gripe with Sentinel?

Karus

Donator
anyone with half a brain knows exactly what his and many others gripes with sentinel are
Such as? And don't mention that pathetic story about a custom skin scam you tried to spread lol, for a start it was 5 euros (WOW MUCH PABLO ESCOBAR) and secondly it was a DONATION through Patreon

Last edited:

Karus

Donator
Ok this is gold

Last edited:
Just wondering as a newcomer, but not a stranger to jedi knight. I played originally upon release on the gamecube and xbox(academy) i just have a few questions. I am confused as to why the devs carried over the seeing ability as it's basically cheating in most games, especially combined with mind trick. both work great in the context of single player but are considered cheating/hacking in the majority of online multiplayer games. Normally I could chalk it up to lore etc, but when one team(particularly jedi) ends up stacking jedi the experience is like playing against a group of invisible enemies that see through walls, which can feel so unbelievably cheap. I realize i'm new and i'm about to get bombed by ppl saying "get good noob" but would these same people say the same in 99% of other games? I'm pretty versed in the EU but this just seems so unfair. If i could see through walls in 90% of the other games I play i'd have a cake walk of a time. I'm not trying to entice trolls, i'm sincerely wondering if this was considered before trying to implement an alternative method of "seeing" or does it break the game entirely? Any explanation would be appreciated.
Personally, i'd love to see a version of seeing where it's like spidey sense, where when seeing is active it indicates a direction where the nearest threat is coming from rather than seeing everyone in a certain radius. Again not trying to criticize, really just wondering if not having it would break the game like removing freindly fire which I understand. P.S. this mod is magnificent and thank you dev's for evolving the base game!

Last edited:
Sense is pretty dumb and there have been a lot of discussions of ways to rework it. It honestly isn't too bad once you know what you're doing - checking corners for ambushing jedi etc. But it can feel cheap to play against

I am confused as to why the devs carried over the seeing ability as it's basically cheating in most games

Not really.
I mean, force sense is not really the same thing as wallhacking.
- Unlike cheats in other games force sense is not free, it instead takes precious FP which needed to protect said forceuser from blaster fire.
- Forceusers have no access to guns, they simply cannot capitalize on wallhacking the same way as in, say, counter strike.

experience is like playing against a group of invisible enemies that see through walls
MT is not really that bad, just listen for activation sound. As soon as MT is activated jedi will most certainly rush for the kill, because MT takes lots of FP to use. Knowing this you can predict where invisible jedi should be and spray in his general direction. It works nicely!

Having said all that, yes, force sense is kinda too good and jedi are OP, have fun.