Newbie to multiplayer here.

Hi everybody. This will be my first time actually playing a multiplayer game like this, and my experience with multiplayer games in general is limited to a couple MMOs. Through I've actually played and beaten Jedi Academy before it's been a long time and I've never played the actual multiplayer before, but this Movie Battle mod looks intriguing enough to me to try it. I'm probably going to spend a day or 2 beating Jedi Academy again and trying to get this mod to work first before I actually play, see you in game then.

Preston

Nerd
Welcome to mb2! I'd reccomend reading some of the guides on the top of the forums page and reading the in game library. This game can be a bit challenging for new players, but if you come in with a good attitude and open mind im sure you'll get the hang of things pretty soon! See you ig

Welcome to mb2! I'd reccomend reading some of the guides on the top of the forums page and reading the in game library. This game can be a bit challenging for new players, but if you come in with a good attitude and open mind im sure you'll get the hang of things pretty soon! See you ig
Yep, I'm going look at all the tutorials and everything before I even THINK of getting into this.

Preston

Nerd
Yep, I'm going look at all the tutorials and everything before I even THINK of getting into this.
Haha yeah that will alsure help alot, it may be complex, but thats the fun part. Theres always new things to learn and get better at, new tactics and what not. I have like 3000 hours on mb2 and have pretty much loved every minute lol.

Preston

Nerd
Speaking of which, is there a server for newbies to practice in or anything like that?
Not really tbh, but theres lots of new players on now so it shouldnt be too bad. If you want to learn sabering go to one of the duel servers depending on if your EU or NA ofcourse. And if you want to learn gunners and tactics practice on pretty much any open server.

Not really tbh, but theres lots of new players on now so it shouldnt be too bad. If you want to learn sabering go to one of the duel servers depending on if your EU or NA ofcourse. And if you want to learn gunners and tactics practice on pretty much any open server.
Thanks. I'll take the advice of the First Day video and start with a soldier for a while as recommended and go into sabering after a few days when I probably start getting bored of that. I still have to beat Jedi Academy and everything first though.

Any other advice you might offer that the tutorials won't?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Aren't I supposed to prevent the deaths of myself and my teammates as much as possible?
Yes, you do. Especially when you are saberist, since they have abilities to do that. Gunners and especially saberless jedi/sith (hi Alteran!) need a protection.

The one of easiest game's pattern for new player is: take jedi/sith. Push 3. Push opponents any time they run, not walk. Don't try to finish them with a saber, let your gunners do the work.
Try to push sith/jedi too, since someone can have not enough Force block in hope that he wouldn't need it.
Be aware each time you push you're vulnerable both for shots and swings, so strafe or even hide behind a corner.
That's all called 'pushwhoring', and your opponents can get mad at you. Don't listen to them. :D

Last edited:
Oh, now that I think about it I'm probably going to go with a different in game name rather than my forum name if that's alright, something that's punny or more Star Wars appropriate, I haven't decided yet.

Last edited: