New project lead

I am excited to announce that @Viserys has volunteered to assist with project leadership. As many of you know since joining the team she has brought a great deal of enthusiasm to programming and supporting community events as well as new features. Now she will have the opportunity to improve our development process and help keep us on track for future releases.

Speaking of releases, we have something planned for before the end of the month. Stay tuned!

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Because gender does not define competency, those who think that way are stuck in the dark ages and will soon be quite irrelevant and swept aside as the world moves forward >_>

Congrats Viserys! I look forward to more awesome releases as this game keeps going!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
why not both?

Literally? Because I would figure someone who believes that for themselves would be more busy starting drama than anticipating it. But sure. Both, then.

My one cent: countries where girls are believed to be better at math have girls who are better at math. Point being, I guess, that even if it were true that female leaders were statistically less competent, the only reason for that might be cultural. Be a pal. Move the culture along.

(which doesn't mean turning a blind eye to incompetent leadership, but that's a topic unrelated to sex or gender.)

edit: anyway, you were right from the start that we shouldn't hijack this thread with this topic, so, i'm done here

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
How many Project Leaders are there at this point?
I'd reckon 3 since I've bowed out.

Always good to see the more proactive developers take up leadership roles as it does require a great deal of attention to keep everything running smoothly at a decent pace.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hello. Just checked back in the forums and wanted to drop a comment. First of all, the time I worked with Viserys in the beta gave me the impression that she was a competent person and knew what she was doing. Frankly I'm happy that she is project lead because I think she'll be good at it, so congrats :)

Naturally you're first impulse is to objectify her. And then mutter some contradictory garbage:)

Because gender does not define competency, those who think that way are stuck in the dark ages and will soon be quite irrelevant and swept aside as the world moves forward >_>

Congrats Viserys! I look forward to more awesome releases as this game keeps going!

Could not help but lol.
The man speaks from experience! I bet people still hit on him thinking he's a girl:)

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Could not help but lol.
The man speaks from experience! I bet people still hit on him thinking he's a girl:)

Hey I find that quite amusing, always have :p