New patch VS saberists

I've played this game almost every day for years, and i think that until the current patch, it was the best star wars game/mod ever produced. that said, nowadays it's more like low graphics EA battlefront.

my issues are as follows:

1) if you PB somebody or somebody PBs you, you lose like 80 BP, the same as if they jumped on your face with red. IMO nothing should take 80 BP because i want to have a good 1-5 minute duel, whether it's me or the opponent that loses. it's just who's the first to get hit for 80BP that loses. really kinda sucks. IMO i shouldn't be PBing the entire fight anyway, nobody should be bothering with that because it sacrifices positioning, especially with staff.

2) because somebody thought PBing was the only thing we should be doing in fights, staffs are trash because you can't turn your back in this patch because you need to PB constantly to not die. i had previously developed staff strategies and movement sets that involved back-turns for repositioning. now this just gets you killed. so -1 screen authenticity for maul players becuase he can only spin in WA DS D combos now. thanks devs.

3) the new animations are janky and i just don't really like the changes to yellow and purple. purple feels like you're tranquilised unless you bug abuse the way the system works to get faster swings (IE it's badly designed). i don't like how yellow is now, and blue still has a disjointed feel. so the devs patched the wrong styles' animations or something?

4) kata spam is horrible and it constantly interrupts duels, leading most players to spam it out of frustration, meaning nobody has any fun. as far as i'm concerned, katas like the jumping staff kata, blue and purple crouch katas and etc, should all essentially be trash. because otherwise this type of thing happens where people just spam it to fuck.

5) ACM changes are horrible, i haven't seen ACM at all since patch. i'm told it exists still.

6) red and purple were already good before being patched. before patch, purple masters could give every style a run for their money. now, purple dominates. before, red masters could interrupt and bash their way into any situation. now they just 2hit their enemy.

7) were parries changed? AW SD / DW SA parries for staff seem to suck now, and becuase everyone is PBing it's honestly harder to use the staff parries.

there's so much i find offputting about this patch that that's probably not even half of it. i probably can't even put my finger on what's causing it to feel so different in this patch because there's so much odd stuff, and acting with similar strategies to the previous patch just gets you destroyed. most of the time you just have to sit and wait for your enemy to give you a PB and you can 1hit them.

He still knows more than you.
WellmadeWhiteLaughingthrush-size_restricted.gif

forget sabers ascend beyond to fisticuffs

oh wait this thread is all EUs

fucking frenchies go eat good bread

this build overall gives you hardly any room to make mistakes in dueling, so a pro at dueling will think it amazing or just right, but a new player or just a decent player will make such a small mistake like not pblocking an entire combo or getting interupted twice, and then suddenly they go from 100 to 20, i don't see how new players will stick around for that

my main complaints with this patch are it blew up my style of pbing first swing then initiating my own combo, and also made dualies somehow more annoying than before.

my style worked well in most situations pre patch because pbing stopped combos. now if I try to do that, I essentially screw myself because while I pb'd their first swing, they still are completing a combo and hit me during my wind up and I lose a ton of BP.

it took me awhile to realize what was going on and why I was suddenly losing 95% of my duels. oh well.

red + blue is the dueling meta right now. use blue when you get low bp and pb to fill up gauge with occasionally swinging to keep acm low and then combo red. I personally don't really know what demonstrable improvement the new system is; it's just different.

also, pbing is so wtfstrong right now partly because they re-implemented combo directional restrictions, so it's must easier to "guess" what zone to pb if you recognize the first swing or two than before.