•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[EXPIRED] New member| Not a single install guide helps :( | MacOS

I just got a new MacBook Pro, and have been trying to follow all of the install guides I can find, with no success,
such as: Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

I own Jedi Academy through Steam, running the current MacOS on a new 2017 MacBook Pro. I am a newb to all of this.

JKJALaunch program says "Unsupported". I have great difficulty in locating folders as easily on Mac as I used to on Windows, so locating the folder it wants has been a trial.

I have the .exe launcher, I have MBII folder in the Jedi Academy folder... but there are 2 versions: Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy as well as Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/Jedi Academy/Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (then right click -> Show Package Contents) -> Contents (which includes "base", "MacOS", "MBII", "MBIILauncher.exu", "PkgInfo", "Resources" and both JKJA apps (gray [sp?] and red [mp?]).

Many guides want me to use the former "Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy", yet when placing "MBII" and "MBIILauncher.exe" in this folder, when I launch JKJALaunch, it gave me a different error regarding the location of the application... And every time I launch JKJA, and go to Mods under Setup, there is nothing there...

Even though I followed all directions carefully, including in Terminal, nothing works, and I want to just start over with better advice... Who knows at this point what I've done to screw this up. I thought installing mods was simple.

I installed Mono, I did every step...

And when typing "cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy; mono ./MBIILauncher.exe" into Terminal, I get "Got a SIGABRT while executing native codes. This usually indicates a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries used by your application."

I wish I could just give remote control to someone and pay them to get this working... long time player and fan of the JK franchise... was hoping to finally join the MBII community, but after messing with Terminal and all kinds of installation nonsense I have gotten nowhere :(

Please help me understand how to do this and where I've been going wrong :(

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I have the .exe launcher, I have MBII folder in the Jedi Academy folder... but there are 2 versions: Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy as well as Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/Jedi Academy/Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (then right click -> Show Package Contents) -> Contents (which includes "base", "MacOS", "MBII", "MBIILauncher.exu", "PkgInfo", "Resources" and both JKJA apps (gray [sp?] and red [mp?]).
"MBIILauncherLIN.exe", not "MBIILauncher.exe".
It's necessary to use a Mac/Linux version of the Launcher: http://www.moviebattles.org/download/MBIILauncherLIN.exe

Both MBIILauncherLIN.exe and MBII directory (I hope that folder isn't empty, I hope you already did download MBII distributive) are supposed to be placed in
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy

Many guides want me to use the former "Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy", yet when placing "MBII" and "MBIILauncher.exe" in this folder, when I launch JKJALaunch, it gave me a different error regarding the location of the application...
You have to set a correct path to JA executable in JKJALaunch.
Usually it looks like:
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app
OK button will stay disabled until correct path to JA binary is entered. Be patient and find a correct file.

And don't forget to set
Code:
+set fs_game MBII
as a command line parameter in JKJALaunch!