New MBII Trailer - actors required! Tuesday 27/6 to Friday 30/6

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hello community,

Internally we have been wanting for a while to create a new MBII trailer which can be used to advertise the mod in future film releases. The idea is that the trailer will:

• Cover most aspects about MBII (maps, customisation, gameplay)
  • Include footage from the new films (TFA and RO, if any)
  • Be generic enough to still be valid in future releases
  • Have more 'directed' scenes (i.e. shots taken just for the trailer, not random gameplay)
We have a trailer editor and a list of the content and shots to take, but of course, the hardest part is actually filming it.

We have already gone through some nice shots internally with the Beta team (thanks guys!) but some scenes require more participants in order to be filmed. This is why I am opening this up to anyone who wants to participate over the next week.

Filming will take place everyday from Tuesday 27/6 to Friday 30/6, at 7 pm GMT+1 (UK time), EU OFFICIAL OPEN server.
Server will be password protected, the password will be: trailer

If you are interested in participating please post below and just show up to filming on those days and times. This is open to any MBII player from any region.
Filming will take place provided there are enough participants.

Just make sure, if you say yes, that you are aware:

1. All participating players need to be on our discord server and listen to my instructions as to what to do and when.
  2. Messing around, not following instructions and wasting everybody's time will NOT be tolerated. Such behaviour will not only result in a kick from the server, but also further concequences.
  3. Taking the shots as we want them will take some time so please be patient!

May the force be with the trailer!

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
I'll try to be there for most of these days. But this time please aim to rocket infront of my feet and not directly at me :p ...

Is it also okay to give some feedback on the shots on how to improve them while we take them? To even get a better results in the end. :)
I just remember the last time I was in it, it was like "take after take" and felt a bit rushed (I know time was also a factor).

Last edited:

Viserys

ex team lead
I'll try to be there for most of these days. But this time please aim to rocket infront of my feet and not directly at me :p ...

Is it also okay to give some feedback on the shots on how to improve them while we take them? To even get a better results in the end. :)
I just remember the last time I was in it, it was like "take after take" and felt a bit rushed (I know time was also a factor).

Yes of course, but it will always be rushed. There are many shots to take and a lot of people whose time is spent doing them, so efficiency is very important.

o6u0qtx5byoy.jpg

Sure I'm in

Funny. I already commented on mb2 trailer 2k15 and asked about new 2017 trailer :p. Dream came true.

Hello, I will be happy to take part in this :D Directed scene! Hell yeah, nothing better than a good trailer to give a taste on how fun this game is :rolleyes:

Edit: Whoops sorry not used to GMT I use UT it would be 6:00 A:M xD oh well I'm up during that time anyways

Last edited:
First session is done, it was awesome. People were listening, we had some fun when it was possible, and alot of serious moment. I really want to thanks everyone for how serious they were during the 3h30 that it took, and i'm looking forward to see more people tomorrow for bigger shot. This trailer is announcing epic !

Viserys

ex team lead
Thanks to everyone who participated today and for all your patience. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow as well. We'll need more people for the gameplay scenes, so please come and bring others!

Antraxo

Donator
Just don't try to do "Saber throw kills" and "Jump on the platform" stuff ;) ... I'll be there.

Reactions: SK5